Author Topic: The Sims 3 Starter Pack-Question  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Sephiroth

• Nooboo
The Sims 3 Starter Pack-Question
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:32:19 PM »
Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding the "Sims 3 Starter Pack" A package sold by origin which includes The Sims 3 Game, The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff and Bonus Content (Feeling dubious about that "Bonus Content" XD) In any case, I am wondering if this edition of the game will function correctly with the other expansion packs If I should buy them and install them after installing this. As with the "Sims 2 Double Deluxe" I am assuming the basegame is permanently meshed with Late Night and Loft Stuff with no way to distinguish them, which caused me a great deal of trouble as a developer and when downloading and installing new expansions.

What I want to know is, even if its a money saver (Especially given the current sale) Will I just be causing myself more trouble in the long run as a developer by buying a bundle like this rather than buying the base game by itself? I'm also fairly concerned about the difference between the downloaded games VS the disks, because I have heard developing content for the disk games is easier than the downloaded versions (As in something with the filing system is different)

Thank you!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Starter Pack-Question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »
I've purchased bundles before and they were separate, just a better deal buying as a package.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Starter Pack-Question
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
I'm also fairly concerned about the difference between the downloaded games VS the disks, because I have heard developing content for the disk games is easier than the downloaded versions (As in something with the filing system is different)

Thank you!

There are 2 different Download versions - Steam and Origin.
The Origin version is identical to the disk version, just with a different installer - in fact, if you register a disk version on the sims3 website you can later install using Origin.
The Steam version has some differences in the directory names, if I remember correctly.

anything