Author Topic: Marriage glitch  (Read 5055 times)

Offline throughtherye

• Nooboo
Marriage glitch
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
I've come across a strange issue while playing Island Paradise (note: I also have Pets, Seasons, and Generations installed).

Two of my household members are engaged to other Sims. However, neither the "Have Private Wedding" nor the "Get Married" (using the wedding arch) actions appear to be working. In both cases, the Sims and their fiances go through the motions (e.g., exchanging rings), the other Sims in attendance cheer and throw rice, etc. One of the other household members even gets a "Mother of the Groom" positive moodlet afterward.

But nothing actually happens--the engaged Sims' relationships don't change from "fiance" to "husband/wife," and the edit households menu doesn't come up. I can try "Have Private Wedding" or "Get Married" over and over again, but it still doesn't work.

For troubleshooting purposes, I know it's not due to the following:

- Mods (I don't have any custom content or cheats enabled)
- Household size (I only have 4 Sims in my household right now--enough room to add more members)
- Missing updates (My software is totally up to date)
- Age (both engaged Sims are young adults and had no problems "going steady" or "proposing marriage" with their partners)
- Lot issues (I've tried marrying the Sims both at home and at one of my resorts)

Sorry for the long-winded post, but not being able to continue my Sims' story line is ruining the fun of playing. Has anyone had similar issues? Any advice? Thank you!

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
Re: Marriage glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
That sounds to me like a bug that was around for one or two patches, but was subsequently fixed. Are you 100% certain that you are running the current patch- 1.63?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline throughtherye

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:21:13 PM »
I am--according to the Launch screen, it's version 1.63.5.024001.

I forgot to mention in the OP, but I installed Seasons after starting my Island Paradise game. I doubt this makes a difference but figured I'd clarify!

Edited to add: Actually, maybe this made a difference? I was able to marry my original two household members when I started paying Island Paradise. I didn't notice the marriage glitch until after installing Seasons, though I was able to level up the relationships (i.e., "Go Steady," "Propose Marriage" normally).

Offline throughtherye

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:08 PM »
Update: I found a solution! In case anyone else experiences this issue, I used testcheatsenabled to add my Sims' fiances to the household. Once they were moved in, the marriages worked.