Author Topic: Can I retrieve paintings that have become trapped in the wall? solved (I think)  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
I put up a wall outside to place my paintings, needed to pick and choose what to keep, what to sell.

Some for some reason when I let go and moved back they just seem to vanish.  They didn't return to my sims inventory, so I thought I had lost them.
When I went to place a picture in that section it won't let me, it is as if there is something there.

Took off all of the paintings and one by one took out a wall section.  Right where I had lost a painting, instead of the $56 for a wall section it varied from $800 to $5,000 (some were masterpieces).

Is there any way to retrieve the paintings, or do I just finish destroying the walls and accept that I lost the painting, at least getting its value at that point in the story, but lose some paintings that I had wanted to keep. 

I can go back to an earlier save and get them, but this has happened to me twice and I wanted to be able to line them up and decide which to sell or keep.  Some of them are duplicates, four of the Island Beauty (that is what I call her) so I want to pick one to keep and sell the rest. 

I've lost some in the moves from one town to another, frustrating, but not much I can do about that.

Anyhow, is there a way to retrieve a painting that is stuck inside a wall?     

Edited

I took some of the painting that I had lost (mentioned above) and used a save from before the loss and put them in a house I am remodeling to use in my project story.  Again, I lost some of the paintings in the walls, and was really frustrated.  Kept using the undo button but gave up on a couple that I didn't really like. 

I had the walls up, naturally, so in frustration I just went ahead and dropped them so I could work on the placing of furniture without walls being in the way.  When I put the walls back up, there were the paintings.  Hung up a couple more that vanished and then dropped the walls, raised them up and there were the paintings.

So,  hopefully, if it happens again, and someone else has this happen to them, it might work, hoping it isn't a fluke but only time will tell. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Can I retrieve paintings that have become trapped in the wall?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:49:09 AM »
I hope someone will come along with a solution for this.  I've had it happen a few times.  I've only been able to get the paintings back a couple of times and I have no idea how it happened.  It seemed like just restarting the game did it, but I can't say for sure.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:55 AM »
I've had them reappear after restarting a game. Do they get packed up if you move house? Or, you could try picking up the lot and re-placing it - that might help, if edit-town is not off limits.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »
I'm going to see if it has made a change after a rest from the game.   Frustrated (with more than that incident) and so just quit playing, plans to post a couple or two of chapters for the story. 

Hope it fixes the problem, if not, I will just cut my losses, have a LOT of painting to go through and decide which ones to keep and ones to sell. 

anything