Author Topic: The game stole the money and kidnapped my Sims!  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
The game stole the money and kidnapped my Sims!
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »
Well, sort of. It had been playing perfectly well, but when I try to load my saved game now, the rather vast fortune my Sims had gathered is gone. The ghostwife of the family is no longer a ghost, the ghost baby of the family is also no longer a ghost. None of them have any thumbnail pictures anymore, or indeed are selectable. It sadly looks like this save is ruined, but it would be good to know if anybody has had something similar happen. Is it a ghostbaby issue? If so I'll definitely avoid them in the future.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The game stole the money and kidnapped my Sims!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:56:26 PM »
I'm moving this over to the Miscellaneous Help board.  It sounds more like a game play bug than a technical issue with the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kblackwell35

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 01:17:28 AM »
I am having this same issue.  1 of my sims went to the university and when he returns home i dont have any thumbnails to click on.  I can see my sim in the house with his family but they dont interact with each other.  All of their money is gone and all of the other family members with the exception of the one that went to the university, look the same but have random names.  I recently installed the into the future ep and updated to the latest patch 1.66.  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:37:26 AM »
Hi K,

I've had the same problems when my sims come back from university sometimes. The only way I've found round the problem is by going back to a previous save. You may want to try clearing caches etc though to see if it helps.

Lady Orc I've never tried playing a ghost family but the same as the above might help.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »
This is the same problem I've been having in my dynasty file.  I put my previous save into a factory reset and it seems to be working, so far.  Good luck.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary