Author Topic: Sim gets bumped out of the tomb when sleeping  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Stray Cat Mom

• Nooboo
Sim gets bumped out of the tomb when sleeping
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm a long-time reader but this is my first post.

My Sim has been exploring the tombs in Shang Simla, but, on two occasions, the game has moved her out of the tomb in the middle of sleeping. The first time was at the Hot Springs. I thought it was because she was sleeping in a sleeping bag (no room for the tent in the room). The game automatically moved her out of the tomb to above-ground and she headed back to base camp. I thought it was because she used a sleeping bag instead of a tent.

The second time it happened, she was in the Dragon's Cave sleeping in the two-person tent, when the game automatically moved her to the top of the Dragon's head. I couldn't get her to move off of there on her own (there must be a pathing issue in that spot) so I reset her and she appeared in her vacation home.

I searched this site to see if anyone had posted something similar but couldn't find anything. Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Sim gets bumped out of the tomb when sleeping
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
Hello, and welcome.

Sorry, I can't be much help, but didn't want you to think you were being ignored.

I did once have my sim "bumped" to the head of the dragon and stuck there.  I used resetsim to return her home.  It was very annoying.  These days, I tend not to go into tombs until I have the moodlet manager, my sims never have to sleep while exploring and that solves the problem.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 12:18:01 AM »
It could be that the Sim is bugged.  I've had similar things happen, but not while adventuring.  When a Sim gets bugged, there's  not much to be done about it, I'm afraid.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 05:28:34 AM »
It could also be that the sleeping bag is bugged. Try sleeping in a different sleeping bag to see if it makes a difference.

Offline Stray Cat Mom

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 08:46:57 AM »
Thanks for the responses everyone! I kept on exploring tombs with the same Sim since I'm trying to complete the Great Explorer lifetime wish. Since the last time she was bumped out of the tomb, I've had her sleep in her tent in tombs in Shang Simla and she hasn't been bumped out again. It must have just been a random glitch. It's not game-breaking, just annoying, so if it happens again, I'll just keep sending her back to the tombs.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 08:13:32 AM »
I've had this happen several times, with different sims. Sometimes they get thrown entirely out of the tomb, and sometimes just a little ways away into another room. I usually use the testingcheatsenabled teleport cheat to get back to where I'm supposed to be. I only mention this because if you do that, you probably need to have your sim go back and finish sleeping, or click your sim and choose "Wake Up" -- I've had them walking around doing things, and then discovered they were unable to interact with anyone, and it's because the game still thinks they're asleep! If you use resetsim you probably wouldn't have the sleeping problem.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 05:02:53 PM »
I've had this glitch with more than one Sim in more than one game, but it usually happens in the Dragon Cave. There is a pathing issue on the head of the dragon. ResetSim is a good fix.

Sometimes if my game is exceptionally buggy it will happen to a Sim in a tomb in Egypt. That's when it's time to quit, clean up the game files, restart the computer, or maybe even wait a day before going back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything