Author Topic: Daycare/Prom interaction problem  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
Daycare/Prom interaction problem
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »
I got Generations for Christmas and am trying it out now. I'm having a major problem that seems related to daycare.

In my first Generations game, one Sim in my household started a daycare. I soon noticed that kids who had been in my daycare at any time, could not be interacted with by any of my household members once they became teenagers or older. At first this was just annoying, since my Sims kept getting wishes about the ex-daycare clients that could not be completed.

Now, a younger member of the household went to Prom and was given a Romantic Interest randomly. The Romantic Interest had previously been in my daycare for one day as a toddler. Nobody in my household can interact with the Romantic Interest, such as to chat, break up, or get married. Only the "Call Over" interaction and "Dance Together" interactions are available with him for my whole household.

I've seen that having a lingering Romantic Interest is going to cause chaos when my household member wants to start her own family. Is there any way to remove the Romantic Interest status, or allow my household members to interact with him? I've managed to Google a small number of threads about this precise problem, but no solutions applied. Here is everything I've tried:
  • resetSim on the Romantic Interest and all my household members.
  • Retiring the carer from the daycare profession.
  • Attempting to interact with the Romantic Interest off the lot.
  • Inviting the Romantic Interest over (the cell phone works) and hoping he and my Sim will break up. (They don't seem able to interact with each other autonomously, however.)
  • (I considered "accidentally" killing the Romantic Interest, but I know this causes any future spouse to eventually divorce you for "cheating". I had hoped to start a nice family.)
I have never installed any mods or custom content. My game is up to date (including this week's patch). It is vanilla other than a few official EA store items (all cosmetic). For expansions I have only Pets, Ambitions, and Generations.

Your help is appreciated and I'll try anything!

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: Daycare/Prom interaction problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:07:23 AM »
The Clean Slate lifetime reward will actually remove any romantic interests you have, unfortunately that's the only thing I know of that could help.

Have you tried restarting the game and clearing your caches?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:23:25 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions! Clearing caches and restarting didn't fix the issue - I'm saving up enough LTH to try Clean Slate next. (Will report back when I have.)

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:17:43 AM »
Hooray! Clean Slate removed the Romantic Interest status. My Sim can now safely start her family.

The daycare provider died in the meantime. The household still can't interact with Sims who were daycare clients at any point (including the ex-Romantic-Interest). It's a little worrying, since that group makes up about 1/3 of the town now. If anyone has ideas to possibly fix this I'll try them - I'd like to resolve it.

Thanks again.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »
I'm glad you managed to remove the Romantic Interest :) unfortunately I don't know how you can interact with the problem Sims.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »
Have you tried moving them out of their house and right back in again? I've had a lot of weird problems that have been solved that way.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 02:52:11 AM »
Evicting a family of problem Sims to the clipboard and immediately moving them back in did not help.

Edit: Removed a sentence to help clarify the overall problem is NOT solved.

I still cannot interact with past daycare clients. These make up a significant portion of the town's population. Generations is an older expansion and very popular--surely others have run into this problem and solved it? Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 03:59:42 AM »
I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board because it's more about game play issues than technical problems.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."