Author Topic: Baby Boomer V: Location, Location, Location  (Read 54799 times)

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Baby Boomer V: Location, Location, Location
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
Annoyingly my computer kept crashing, so only managed to finish 8 days. Still... 5 children 'made' in 2 locations.
Final score 5000 x 1.15 = 5750

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2014, 07:33:46 PM »
For some reason this challenge kept crashing my game, but my other saved games were fine. The teenage stage slowed me down so I didn't get as many as I hoped. The Castle's had 9 kids in 5 locations Jameson, Nikki, Kate, Jenny, Javier, Alexis, Lanie, Kevin, and Esposito.

9000 x 1.25= 11250

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
Annoyingly my computer kept crashing, so only managed to finish 8 days. Still... 5 children 'made' in 2 locations.
Final score 5000 x 1.15 = 5750
Sarleenia, if it was in two locations, isn't the multiplier 1.10 rather than 1.15?

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »
Adam and Eve Fullhouse had 7 children from 4 different locations.
7,000 x 1.20 = 8,400
Ugh!  I would've had a much better score, but my computer / game decided to get all glitchy about half way through, so I wasn't able to finish the 4 weeks, but this is what I had when I gave up due to bugginess.  Oh well, I guess I'll try to clean up my computer or reinstall everything before starting the next challenge.  Congrats to the top scoring players!

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2014, 12:13:41 AM »
Unfortunately, I was not able to finish my file and only got to week 3 day 2.

Bella and Andre had 10 kids in 4 places.

10,000 x 1.20 = 12,000

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2014, 02:20:48 AM »
8 kids in 4 locations.
8000 X 1.2 = 9600.
Cynthia

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2014, 05:53:12 AM »
Sarleenia, if it was in two locations, isn't the multiplier 1.10 rather than 1.15?

Oops, sorry. Thanks Nutella! Late night maths never a good idea. Yes, 2 locations... score 5500

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2014, 06:24:56 AM »
This event is now closed. Or I guess I should say this event has come full term and has successfully been delivered. :) But, seriously…grats to Nutella for a great score on the last day. 19 kids…amazing. Everyone will be excited to hear your strategy I am sure. Everyone else is now free to share their thoughts on this event. Thanks for participating.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »
My biggest mistake was playing with Generations installed. If I had done a test run, I would have known that when you age up a teen and kick them out, you still get the next day off from work and school even though they're no longer in the household. The two of the triplets had all their requirements met except the A which was very close. I aged up the other triplet on Thursday and kicked her out expecting to age up the others after school on Friday. Oops, no school on Friday. I had to wait until Monday. I would have been able to squeeze in another pregnancy, I think. On the upside, I only had one near tragedy cake fire. Glad I made Mom brave.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2014, 09:40:07 AM »
Wow Nutella, 19! Congrats! And congrats to everybody, this sure is a challenging challenge... Hehe

At first I had three pairs of twins by just having the mom listening to kids music and watching kids TV. Then I kicked out three YA and gave the parents the "fertility treatment"... And had just one baby! Do tell me how to get triplets!

I also read that having the babies be born at home gives them a better relationship with their parents, it only gave mine a good relationship with mom, how can dad have a good relationship with babies from the beginning?
¡Pura vida!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:34 AM »
You can't get Dad to "good friends" right from the beginning, but you can get him to start as "friends." Get a charisma point and then become acquainted with 25 sims to complete the first charisma skill challenge. Also buy the Attractive LTR.

I had a problem with illness -- I sent my first teen to school sick, which was no problem, but when her class went on a field trip, she was sent home with the message "Thanks for keeping your child at home." Incidentally, I have discovered how to keep a child home sick. Cancel the school bus, and then click on "go to school". You'll get the message, and your child won't lose any ground. Playing without Generations and Seasons would probably have been a good idea.

My children were named after the locations -- Shower, Bedda, Beddie, Mysteria, Hay, Stacka, Army, Navy, Marine (the military base), and Scientia, Einstein, and Darwin (the Science Center). The first 8 were girls, without the benefit of watermelons.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »
Congratulations Nutella on winning.

Good job everyone that participated. 

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
I named mine alphabetically. Try for baby places were shower, wardrobe, treehouse, hot tub, and photo booth. No bed...I was saving that for a last quick pregnancy that I didn't have time for.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
You can't get Dad to "good friends" right from the beginning, but you can get him to start as "friends." Get a charisma point and then become acquainted with 25 sims to complete the first charisma skill challenge. Also buy the Attractive LTR.

I had a problem with illness -- I sent my first teen to school sick, which was no problem, but when her class went on a field trip, she was sent home with the message "Thanks for keeping your child at home." Incidentally, I have discovered how to keep a child home sick. Cancel the school bus, and then click on "go to school". You'll get the message, and your child won't lose any ground. Playing without Generations and Seasons would probably have been a good idea.

My children were named after the locations -- Shower, Bedda, Beddie, Mysteria, Hay, Stacka, Army, Navy, Marine (the military base), and Scientia, Einstein, and Darwin (the Science Center). The first 8 were girls, without the benefit of watermelons.
I got incredibly lucky on my round. Howl and Sophie were plopped down in Riverview, they tried for baby on the first day then I sent Howl to pick up gardening supplies and take a charisma class. It seems as though everyone in Riverview were out that day protesting in front of the city hall! He got all 25 people in a few hours with enough time to go home and start his garden.
My children never had a problem with being sick, so I suppose that's luck as well. Me thinks (in hindsight) if I had to choose a season to have continuously it would be Fall or Spring so I could get the Flu Shot ASAP and not have to worry about sick days and the negative moodlet.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »
Expansion packs, play without:
1) Into The Future -- dont' want to accidentally gain advanced tech skill.
2) Seasons -- don't want alien abduction, don't want kids to get sick, don't want weather so my sims can stay outdoor without getting burned, don't want holidays.
3) Nightlife -- don't want paparazzi they are annoying, don't want celebrities cause sometimes sims lose best friend status doing something stupid.

General Strategy:
1) Play in a town you know very well, know all the teens and children and where they live and where all the hangout spots are.  I played in Sunset Valley.
2) Having triplets is not the way to go, have to time pregnancy and birth, doing 2/3/1 kids is optimal.
3) Moods - keep moods high so learning is faster.  We learned from plenty past challenges that if the mood is super good, you learn skill faster.  So toddlers will learn their skill faster if they have tons of good moodlets.
4) "Fertility Treatment" + listening to children music + watching kids TV will contribute to triplets.  For the first pregnancy, I didn't buy fertility treatment, I just used music + TV -- I wanted twins instead of triplets for optimization purposes.

Baby Stage Strategy:
1) Both mom and dad have charisma skill and complete 2 skill challenges - the meet 25 people and also the 10 best friends.
2) Sometimes the babies will skip good friends to best, sometimes it won't.
3) Deliver babies at home, don't go hospital, waste time plus babies born at home have higher relationship with parents.
4) Pamper mom when she is pregnant, let dad do all the suffering.  All the babies born must have 2 traits, loves the outdoor and genius.
5) Beautiful vista - good moodlet to have at the start.
6) Living outdoors - get love the outdoor moodlet.   
7) Music - get music moodlet.
8] Laundry - if you change diaper on the babies, they get the freshly laundered moodlet.
9) Add up as many good moodlets the baby can get then snuggle them till they become best friend.
10) Both mom and dad have the "Attractive" and "Eye Candy" lifetime reward.

Child Stage Strategy:

1) Jot down every single teen and under in Sunset Valley plus their days to age to YA.  You can look at the diagram above.
2) Child's best friend will be their romantic interest when they age up to teen, so just use one person.  Pick the teen that will still be teen when your child has aged up to teen so they can be romantic interest.  Well pick the oldest teen first, as you need to save the rest of the younger townie teens for your other kids.
3) Use "work hard" during school, you need 2 days of school to get grade "A".
4) Use "play tag" with the teen to become best friend, easiest way I find.
5) All the children 3rd trait is "bookworm" so they can do homework faster, slightly more time to play with friend.

Teen Stage Strategy:

1) All the teen 4th trait is "flirty" so they can flirt with their best friend and become romantic interest easier.
2) Same as child, 2 days of "work hard" during school will get an "A".

Strategy Days (refer to calender above):
Week 3 Tuesday -- I have 4 kids at home, one of the kid aged up to YA and can be kicked out.  However I didn't kick him out immediately.  I waited for mom to deliver babies, so only 2 babies (instead of 3) delivered, then kick out the YA.  This way there is an empty spot in the house so mom can get pregnant again.  3 days later when mom deliver, there is already many empty spots in the household so she was able to deliver 3 babies.  How many babies you can have is determined during the time of delivery, not during the conceive period (different than real life).

Week 3 Friday & Saturday -- I chose to have mom not get pregnant during those 2 days.  By my planning and calculations, I can get 2 more pregnancies and deliveries in before games end.

Week 4 Wednesday -- I have 5 kids at home, 2 kids aged up to YA and can be kicked out.  If I kicked out both of them, then I have 3 spots in the house and mom would deliver 3 babies, but I chose not to.  I kicked one out, kept the other one around.  Mom delivered 2 babies (2 spots in the household) then after that I kicked out the YA.  So I have empty spot in household mom can get pregnant again.  Final delivery on last day of challenge.

Nutella

anything