Author Topic: Seeking suggestions for a shrine/temple  (Read 1362 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Seeking suggestions for a shrine/temple
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:58:53 PM »
I could use some help.  I'm planning to start building a shrine/temple, primarly for taking screen shots to use as reference pictures on another site I frequent.  However, I also plan to play using it to.  So I need some ideas for ways to meet my sims' needs in a time setting roughly in the say....1500s Japan/China.  Some exceptions, like the kitchen and bathroom will be made, though I can probably re-color those fixtures to fit better.  I'll probably aim for light fixtures that look more like lanturns, but what I am trying to figure out is what to use for some time period approtiate fun items.  All I really have is books, chess tables, and the domino table.  I have all the expansions to draw from, but still need to redownload a couple items from the store.  So any other suggestions of ways to keep the fun up without steros, tv, or computers would be appreaciated.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Seeking suggestions for a shrine/temple
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:01:51 PM »
Well, the easle should work. Also, if you have the Renaissance fair the violin maybe?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:16:40 PM »
Unfortunatly, with the other store items I plan to get, mainly the cow corral and chicken coop, I won't have the simpoints to get the Renaissance fair as well.

Also, at the moment I am planning to build in Sunset Valley.  Trying to decide which lot to build on.  At the moment I am trying to decide between the dyansty lot, and the lot next to the waterfall.  Major difference in sizes of the lot, which would impact how I set the place up.  Although if you have suggestions of build locations in other expansion pack worlds, or in either Barnicale Bay or Riverview, I am open to them.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:45:02 PM »
I've been wanting to make something like that for a long time. :D

You could make a pool or a pond and have them go swimming, fishing, etc. :) Even better if you go to China and pick up some koi to stock it with. You could also get a few of those indoor planters and have an indoor garden, or buy a bird cage or small pet terrarium and stock it with something Asian. And if you have kids, a dollhouse or block table would be good.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 04:41:04 AM »
I think the lot by the water fall would be a great choice. Shrines/temples are often built where there is beautiful natural phenomenons.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
Yeah, I was planning to add a pool and use a few build cheats to make it look more natural, along with a fog marker to hopefull pull off a steam effect for a hot spring.  Though if I go with the waterfall property, I probably wouldn't need it.  Only challenge is, given the small size, it really limits my building style.  Might have to go for a more pagoda style structure.  Hmm...but I am mostly considering that one since I have the most familairty with SV.  Like I said, if anyone can suggest a lot in nother town, I'll be happy to consider it.

anything