Author Topic: No Firefighters in Monte Vista?  (Read 2168 times)

Offline LucyVP86

• Nooboo
No Firefighters in Monte Vista?
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »
Hi,

I had my witch set fire (fire blast spell) to the firestation that I placed in MV.  I wanted her to meet the firefighter NPC that is perhaps the best looking male in MV with some really amazing traits (she is observant and talked to him for a little and learned all his traits - Pedro Robles).

Then I had her stand across the street where it was safe and wait for him to show up.

He never did!

The fire blazed for over 4 sim hours while she calmly read a book.  Townies showed up and stood screaming at the fire for hours till finally one put it out.

Register (or one of the demographic things) shows that there are 4 firefighters in the town.

So why didn't any of them show up to put out the fire in their own station?

Any suggestions? 

I can get her to meet him, he's in her list, I just wanted to find out how to get the firefighters to actually show up to a fire. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: No Firefighters in Monte Vista?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:07:02 AM »
It might have been because you set fire to a public lot.  You could try again by setting fire to your own lot and see if they show up.  You don't need the firehouse at all because it's for playable Sims to do the firefighter career.  NPC firemen don't use the firehouse.  They just show up.

Also, I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board because it's more about game play than a technical issue.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LucyVP86

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 04:16:03 AM »
Ah, that makes sense.

I was envisioning the story they would tell their grandchildren about how they met; "Your grandmother set fire to the fire station just so she could meet me...."

I will try that, thank you.

I wasn't sure where to put the post since this was my first topic I started, sorry.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »
Definitely start the fire on your own lot. The firefighters generally don't even show up on the other residential lots. In the game I am currently playing, a fire I started on my next door neighbors lot has been burning for 10 days - and yes, people do live there.

anything