Author Topic: Has anyone resurrected Erik Darling?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Has anyone resurrected Erik Darling?
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has brought Erik Darling back to life. If so, how did you do it? It's my understanding that the Oh My Ghost opportunity just brings back a playable ghost, right?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Has anyone resurrected Erik Darling?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »
After you have added the ghost to the household, you have to feed them ambrosia (or I think there might be a which spell that does it too?).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »
Sounds like the witch spell might be easier than teaching Agnes gardening and fishing, in addition to cooking. But, does she have to be a witch to do that?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:51:44 PM »
I think so, but if she buys witches brew it should be no problems.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »
Sounds like the witch spell might be easier than teaching Agnes gardening and fishing, in addition to cooking. But, does she have to be a witch to do that?
A witch at level 8/9 can do a "sunlight charm" and at level 10 you can do the "reanimation ritual" it's much easier than the "Oh My Ghost!" Opportunity and faster than ambrosia if done right.
An easy way to level up a witch is (assuming you have the money) run to the spa for the most expensive package (the one that lasts for 7 days). Then, just cast the most updated spell you have over and over until you can magically update things. It's usually then that I line up several things that have multiple updates (stereos and the cheap dishwashers work really well) and I just line up with one upgrade and send her right back down the line for another upgrade. This works really well when paired with Alchemy and Steel Bladder LTR.
I had a resurrected Tragic Clown (by Agnes) in under a week without having to wait on the opportunity to hit. Make sure when you sunlight charm the zombie you resurrect that you cast a love spell on them (if you're aiming for Agnes to love him again) so you can become instant friends. Otherwise they'll walk off your lot and leave which is the only downside to witch magic. Then you have to call them back with your phone and try to schmooze them up to friends to ask them to move in.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Has anyone resurrected Erik Darling?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:10 PM »
Maybe I should give her a tattoo to give her more time.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »
With Agnes, I sold her car immediately and had no trouble accomplishing maxed witchitude in a little over a week (you can probably do it in under a week to, I've tested with cheats to raise needs and without). Getting that spa package is crucial so you don't have to worry about when you run out of magic. Just keep hitting Agnes with a good luck charm until you can upgrade items and set her up in a row. Potent Invigorating elixirs and apples can come in handy to keep her going throughout the day/night. Once she gets high enough she can then cast those charms to fix her bladder/hygiene/hunger (I think those are it) and just keep going at those upgrades (as they are a steady stream of experience for your witch rather than a bumpy one by casting spells) until she says she's learned the animation ritual. :) Good luck, and tattoo her up if she seems to be running out of time! In the name of Erik!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:48 AM »
Thank you! I haven't tried playing witch spells yet so this will be an education. :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »
I think the Genie can resurrect a sim too.

anything