Author Topic: What happens to sims tombstone when moved out?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
What happens to sims tombstone when moved out?
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »
The situation I have is this.  Random Town Jump Project story.
Am at my last town, but have plans to extend to a different ending than what would be normal, seventh town, the last heir is born and is raised to YA and the project is finished, completed.

I am going another step further.  I have kept the tombstones of all of the family members together and plan instead of having just one heir who will move to the final town, have two heirs.  The first heir will go to the final town, have his heir and that is the end for that story when the child becomes a YA.
Part two of my story is for the second heir to move to the town, marry and she and her hubby will have two kids, one will stay in the town and she, hubby and the other son will return to the first town to complete my goal.

Problem.  Ayna and Garth have just now become elders.  Tristan and Bella have their son, the final heir, Keoni who just aged up to toddler the day his grandparents aged up to Elder.
Skylar and her hubby, Rubisel are expecting their first child.  If I keep them with the family, they can not have the second child until one of the parents die, but I want the kids to be born as soon and as close as possible, for what I have planned.

So, the option I came up with that worked best for me was to move Skylar and Rubisel out.  She was pregnant when she left.   With Ayna, Garth, Tristan, Bella, Keoni, Skylar and Rubisel all living in the house, she could only have one child.  And I could be waiting for two weeks for the elders to die so I can have the second child.

She had already done the twirl, but she had twins the day after I moved her out.  So, it was welcome to Arika and Tomasso.

Now, my question, I NEED to have the tombstones of Ayna and Garth for when I move Skylar, Rubisel and the chosen son back to MV.  I will then have them all from the founders to the youngest, Skylar and her son (which ever one goes to MV). 

With her and Rubisel moved out, I won't be there to get the tombstones to add to the others in her inventory.  So, what happens to Ayna and Garth's tombstones when they die?  After they die do I have to merge the two households together, Tristan, Bella and Keoni along with Skylar, Rubisel, Arika and Tomasso to be able to get the tombstones?

One thing that I have thought of was after I get the notice that Ayna and or Garth are getting old, a warning that they will be dying soon, I can then save them to the bin and move them to the home in MV and let them die there, then their tombstone will already be in the house.  I haven't finished remodeling it, but that wouldn't be a problem. 

So, what will happen to their tombstones when they die and my sim is no longer living there in the house?  Do they stay there, or are they taken and moved to the cemetery and if so, can I then go and collect them?

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: What happens to sims tombstone when moved out?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:47:23 AM »
You can have a Sim visit the cemetery, click on the mausoleum and "manage the dead." Just put the tombstone in the Sim's personal inventory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 08:46:02 AM »
You'll probably have to do what judewright suggests because any time a Sim who is not under your control dies, the tombstone goes to the mausoleum.  You wouldn't find the tombstone/urn in the Sim's house even if you were able to get inside.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:02:28 AM »
Does it go automatically to the cemetery?  (well, Pam just answered that question   :D  )

I am basically going to have two games for this family.  One that I am playing for Skylar and her family.

The other will be of Tristan and his family.  That I am doing to play the last part for the project story.  Play until the heir child reaches YA stage.  When Ayna and Garth die, it will be while I am playing with that game and I could just put it in Tristan's inventory.

But, for Skylar's game, Tristan and his family would be, basically, just another family in the town.  Same as if I was playing another townie, such as Rubisel, play him and have him marry one of the sims townies. 

Example:  Rubisel has a brother married with two kids, when one of them die could he still go and get his brother's tombstone?  (that again answered by Pam)

The only other option I can think of would be after I have played to the point of when Keoni reaches YA stage move out Tristan with his parents tombstones.   Then move him to MV to the house I am remodeling.  He could put them on the lot and when I move Skylar and her family there merge them and then evict him. 

Thinking "out loud"  here, I am wondering if it would end my story better to have Tristan and Bella move to the home in MV and merge Skylar's family with them and have them together, end with my plans, just having them there.  It wouldn't affect my plans, except to have the final heir and mate be at the rebuilt family estate. 

At the end I would have seven family members to play, which I have been doing a lot lately   ;D

Now I just have to decide which way I want to go to get the ending I want for this family. 

(Pam's post came just as I was doing a preview, but decided to post this anyhow, to get some feedback)

anything