Author Topic: 8+ sims in a household  (Read 49903 times)

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
8+ sims in a household
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »
Is there a mod that allows more than 8 sims in a household?
The nraas site suggests that I need about 5 together.
I have the no CD mod if that counts for anything.
I have a family of 5, and 3 are going to marry so it there will be 8, and I want them to have children and keep everyone in the same household.
I've been playing for a while but have no experience of mods.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section or if it's been posted before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched for it.

Please click my dragons!

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
Re: 8+ sims in a household
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
So Do I need what is listed here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Overstuffed ? Do I get them seperately or are they contained in one mod?
I want to play a household with more than eight sims in it.
anchor [[Which Mod FAQ#Overstuffed]]

You require either a Core-Mod that unlocks overstuffing capability, such as Awesome.

Or you require the following mods from this suite :
MasterController
Provides a "Add Sim" function that can be used to manually move any number of sims into a single household
Note that the "Allow More Than Eight Sims Per House" is only applicable to interactions in *this* mod, such as "Pollinate" and "Add Sim".
The "Adopt" and "Adopt Pet" interactions allow users to adopt in overstuffed households
MasterController Integration
Unlocks the ability to create families using CAS with up to 10 humans (the maximum number of portraits available)
Mover
Replaces the "Move" phone interactions, and the Edit Town "Merge" interactions with custom versions that allow for overstuffing
Unlocks the ability to make Imaginary Friends real in overstuffed households
Unlocks the ability to add constructed Ambitions sim-bots to overstuffed households
PortraitPanel
Replaces the window the displays the sim portraits with one that can display up to 24 portraits simultaneously
Woohooer
Replaces the "Try For Baby" interactions with one that can be used in full households
Unlocks the ability to harvest plant-sims in overstuffed households

StoryProgression
It is not necessary to have this mod installed to actively play an overstuffed household
However, the mod allows inactive households to overstuff on their own, or maintain their overstuff status when you switch between active households

Please click my dragons!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »
Hi Tori-Alice-8D!

If you are going to be using the Nraas suite, then the mods listed are what you will need. Out of all of these, MasterController, Woohooer, and PortraitPanel are the most critical. MasterController allows you to overstuff, Woohooer allows the sims to Try for Baby with an overstuffed household, and PortraitPanel will allow for more than eight sim portraits to be displayed on the side. Mover is only necessary if you plan to move anyone in or out of the overstuffed household.

And StoryProgression, while not necessary for the overstuffing, is nice to have just on its own merit, and gives more life to the town and townies.

I don't have any experience with AwesomeMod, so I can't tell you how that one works, but the Nraas suite works quite well with the overstuffing. I routinely play households with 14+ and, while it can be a multi-tasking nightmare at times, the mods make it all run pretty smoothly.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:35:33 PM »
AwesomeMod has an option that allows for overstuffed households, and I'm pretty sure for allowing members of overstuffed households to try for baby. However, you still need PortraitPanel to see everyone on the side.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:59:36 AM »
The NRaas mods you need for this are separate downloads, because the whole issue of more than 8 Sims in a household affects various different parts of the game. Any NRaas mod can be used separately or together with the others (except of course optional modules, they always need the "base mod") and if you have a clear picture of what problem you wish to solve exactly, you can just use the mods designed to address that specific problem.

It may be worth it to post in the wiki if you have questions, there are many people who are quite experienced in working with these mods.

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 11:16:20 AM »
Thanks for everybody's responses, I have downloaded the NRaas mods, and all work perfectly,
Thank you!

Please click my dragons!

anything