Author Topic: Bad Moodlet  (Read 19600 times)

Offline Shay

• Townie
Bad Moodlet
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »
My poor sim keeps getting a bad moodlet from dirty surroundings. She is neat and keeps everything clean but this moodlet will not go away. Is there a way to fix this issue cause it is really messing up her moods.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Bad Moodlet
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:41:36 PM »
There are three possible solutions, depending on the source of the problem.

1. Check her inventory and see if she picked up some trash or spoiled food somewhere. If so, throw it out.

2. Did a meteor hit your lot? Sometimes the meteor will char doors and windows and whatnot, which will give your Sim the "dirty surroundings" moodlet. The solution is to go into Build Mode and replace all of them.

3. If 1 and 2 aren't applicable, it's probably just a stuck moodlet. You can fix this with either the Moodlet Manager or testingcheatsenabled (CTRL+SHIFT+C --> testingcheatsenabled true --> ENTER --> RIGHT CLICK on the moodlet).

Hope that helps! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:09:09 AM »
This just happened to me too. Not even my genie could clean it up. Testing cheats would remove it, but it came right back. I moved my family to another house and right back to the original one. That solved it. I've had to do this before.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:12:23 AM »
I'm moving this over to the Miscellaneous Help board. It should get some good attention there.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 04:24:12 AM »
This can also be caused by:

1. Fires. Like meteors, fires will char surrounding objects. It could even be a small object like the vase with the daisy in it. You might not notice it because it doesn't look charred.

2. Sometimes dirty dishes can get hidden in hard to reach spots if you dragged and dropped the dish to the trash, but didn't notice that the dish never actually made it to the trash. For example, it can get stuck beneath stairs and you might not see it. Sims won't be able to get to it to pick it up, either.

3. If you're using cmo's cat perch from ModTheSims, the sims will sometimes set a dirty dish on the perch and then the dish becomes invisible. The invisible dish will go bad and cause up a stink but you won't know it's there.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
 I had to move. Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
I have heard that dragging spoiled food from the fridge to the bin can cause this too. Rather, let the sim get it out themselves.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline missyditto

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 07:23:54 PM »
I also had this issue for weeks and finally found the cause. I had a fish tank and was storing fish whose freshness was foul. Once I removed them, problem solved!!!

anything