Author Topic: Abandoned vehicles  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Abandoned vehicles
« on: February 16, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
Is there a way to pick up & get rid of abandoned vehicles please, without installing mods?

Many thanks. I should just add they aren't always on a lot if its a boat. Thanks again

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Abandoned vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
Open the cheat bar with the key board hold Shift, CTRL and hit C. Type in testingcheatsenabled on then you should be able to Shift Click on the car and in the menu that pops up select Object then select Delete to get rid of it. This should work even if it's sitting on the road and not in a parking place.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:40:11 PM »
Brilliant. Thank you so much

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
Your welcome. Glad it worked for you.
So you'll know there is one place I've found that this wouldn't work for me. In Bridgeport if the car is sitting on the bridge. I had a car stuck on the bridge and for some reason when I tried clicking on the car it wouldn't bring up the menu so I wasn't able to delete it. I just had to live with it there.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 02:38:29 AM »
Lovely thanks I'll watch for that then. Thanks again for your reply.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »
Does deleting them in Edit Town work also?  I have gone into edit town and delete the cars and some of the parking spots.
I had left one here or there but someone mentioned about putting up lamas (not correct spelling it correctly, sorry) for townies to used for traveling.  Especially in towns such as MV that has the curvy roads, or IP with all the water that needs a boat to get around in.   

Anyhow, does using the edit town work as good for getting rid of the cars to stop lagging/freezing problems?

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 03:25:26 AM »
Hi Janna yes I've used edit town to delete cars and I think it does help with lagging a bit. But if you see an abandoned boat and its not on a lot (to use edit town) then the other tip in this thread should help, I haven't had chance to try it on an abandoned boat yet :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything