Author Topic: My vanilla Sim turned coal black and changed his outfit  (Read 1750 times)

Offline vger21

• Nooboo
My vanilla Sim turned coal black and changed his outfit
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »
I've browsed the topics looking for a similar example, but I haven't found anything so far. Here are the details of the case:

In CAS, I created an ordinary male sim of medium complexion and outfitted him in ordinary modern clothes. He also got a teenage son. I placed them in a beach cottage in the Sunlit Tides neighborhood. It was a tiny one-bedroom place, so I had the dad sleeping in a bed on an upstairs semi-enclosed porch. There is also a large yellow Amazon bird residing on a bird tree on that porch.

I went to a different family for a few days and had this other female sim walk her dog to the dad's house and use the friendly greeting. She walked up to him, and he had changed to a coal black appearance, and he was wearing a frilly old-fashioned suit. She didn't notice, since she had never met him before, but I was astonished! I have Supernatural installed, but I use the options to have only fairies and horses active. But he doesn't look like any picture I have seen of vampires, zombies, werewolves, or witches. I looked through the scrapbook, but there was no memory of anything unusual. In the relationship panel, I saw that he dislikes the yellow Amazon bird (slider somewhat in the red zone.) His son seems to be afraid of him, but other sims carry on ordinary conversations. I had him take a shower before bed, and he briefly popped into his assigned outfit  and complexion before instantly whipping into the frilly suit.

I'm playing on a Macbook Pro with all EPs available, but with Seasons and Showtime uninstalled due to problems I haven't yet learned to deal with. Also all SPs are installed except Katy Perry. And lots of stuff from the exchange on the EA website.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation of this curious case--any insight would be appreciated. Is it a game play detail that I hadn't encountered before, some technical problem, or just some weird thing?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My vanilla Sim turned coal black and changed his outfit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »
Hi Vger21,

This problem sounds somewhat familiar to me. If you've got custom content, (items not made by EA) or even items from TheSims3 Exchange. Try starting the game without it, by going into the game options and checking start game without custom content. As sometimes CC does mess the game up.

What happened in my case is I had downloaded something from the exchange and installed it in my game and it gave me graphical glitches. I was able to hunt the cc down and delete it from my game. I haven't downloaded anything from the exchange since.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vger21

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »
Thank you--I'll try this tactic. I'm beginning to understand why so many people mention never using CC or Exchange items. It might be time to rethink my Simming strategy along similar lines, but some of the most interesting designs come from Sims players. If I can get my sim back to his assigned form, I'll post it here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »
Yes, please do post back to let us know if it works. :)

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything