Author Topic: Error code 12 is working on my nerves ! World file save failure : MACBook Retina  (Read 3507 times)

Offline GoldenRetriever

• Nooboo
I don't know if some of you have got that, but It's working on my nerves. I've the most recent MacBook Pro Retina on the market and yet I'm getting that ugly error (Failing to save game). What to do to fix this for good?

My configurations:

Processor: Intel Core i7 2,6 ghz.
RAM: 16 GO 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphical Card: NVIDIA GeForce 750M VRAM: 2048 MO.
I'm under the latest version of Mavericks OS X

It can't be my memory nor my graphical card giving me this error, so where's the problem?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
What's with the "(censored)" business?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoldenRetriever

• Nooboo
What's with the "(censored)" business?

( censored ) are swearing words so they are replaced by "( censored )" : That's my way to remain polite

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
( censored ) are swearing words so they are replaced by "( censored )" : That's my way to remain polite

I do appreciate the effort, but the way to remain polite is to leave the word and thought out altogether.  We don't allow profanity, even in a "censored" form.  I'm going to edit your post accordingly.

Also, regarding your problem, I always use "Save As" to help prevent these kinds of errors.  It's more of a work around than a real fix, but it might help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Somethings that will occasionally cause the save to work are:
>Going into buy mode, into your family inventory and back out. Then try saving.
>Going to map-mode and back down and try saving.

The best way I've found to prevent this is to keep your files clean, as Pam says, save often and do a factory reset to give you a fresh start. That's what I did and I haven't had much of an issue with it since. There are probably a few other methods to get your computer to snap out of it temporarily, but usually the save 12 error has something to do with file corruption, so it's recommended to keep a lot of saves to prevent it from getting worse.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Error code 12
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:40:40 AM »
I have to second what Pam and LivvieLove suggested - Save As, save often. Back files up just in case they are needed later.

Crinrict has a write up on the Save Errors if you'd like to take a read. It gives some helpful tips as well.

Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline GoldenRetriever

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 12:57:32 AM »
I have to second what Pam and LivvieLove suggested - Save As, save often. Back files up just in case they are needed later.

Crinrict has a write up on the Save Errors if you'd like to take a read. It gives some helpful tips as well.

Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Unfortunately this works only on Windows and I'm on Mac but thx anyway the soonest I buy a new PC !

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »
Hi GoldenRetriever,

The reason I suggested Crinrict site is for reading purposes. I know you're running a Mac. But it's still helpful in learning what error code 12 means and what might help in fixing the problem for you.

Has any of the suggested tips helped?  If you're still having problems, please post them so we maybe able to help more. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
I'm getting that error too. I haven't discovered a way to get rid of it completely, but i've found some ways to make it less frustrating I guess. I use multiple saves, with the save as option (ex. familyname1, familyname2, familyname3). That way if one savefile gets corrupted I still have two that are current so I don't end up losing days in the Sims, and have to re-do events I've already done. I am also using NRASS ErrorTrap, and Overwatch. I've also tried a new program; Kuree's Save Cleaner. It basically cleans out junk collected in the save file that should be deleted but isn't and shrinks the file down some, which allegedly helps keep the game uncorrupted and helps with load/start-up/save times.
I also don't play the file for more than a few hours at a time, when I hit like 2 hours I save the game (3 times..), restart the computer, then reload the Sims.  I'm still getting the error occasionally, but that might be more to do with the memory running low in my computer than the actual game itself, and when it does happen it's not as much of a tragedy as it was before I started taking these steps.

So, that's another option for you, if it's available is to acquire more RAM for your computer. Hope some of the advice given to you in this thread helps you out with your problem. Happy Simming!