Author Topic: Ghost Hunter Bingo II: Let the Spirit Move You  (Read 39243 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ghost Hunter Bingo II: Let the Spirit Move You
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »
As I'm not a bingo player, I'd like to clarify something about the sheets.  We get 6 sheets to mark spirits down on.  Now if I capture one Kindly Young spirit, do I mark that down on *one* sheet only or all six?  Or is it do I catch six Kindly Young spirits to mark that category off all six sheets?

Trip's correct, but let's use the word "card" instead of sheet. There are 6 cards on Pam's sheet and you are only allowed to print out and use 1 sheet. So, if you'd capture one Kindly Young spirit, then you'd mark the appropriate box inside one card. If the very next spirit you capture is also a Kindly Young spirit, then you would need to mark the same box but on another card.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:41 AM »
I'm not a bingo player either, I just saw the sheet and thought "put an X in every box", but then, what if my Sim on her first job catches 5 spirits: kindly young, kindly old, kindly ancient, friendly young and friendly ancient: do I cross all five in just one card because they are all different or do I have to put the 3 kindly in one card and the 2 friendly in another card?

So, if money can come from spirit sales we don't have to keep the spirits that we count for the bingo in the inventory, or do we have to?

Being "logic" a skill needed for the career, can logic opportunities count for the money?

I hope my questions aren't too confusing…   :-\
¡Pura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »
Mark each spirit once in which ever card makes most sense to you. I'm pretty sure you can sell or donate to science after marking them down, in fact, if you didn't it would get downright confusing as to which had already been counted. I don't think logic ops count, but I would like this confirmed, too.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
I'm not a bingo player either, I just saw the sheet and thought "put an X in every box", but then, what if my Sim on her first job catches 5 spirits: kindly young, kindly old, kindly ancient, friendly young and friendly ancient: do I cross all five in just one card because they are all different or do I have to put the 3 kindly in one card and the 2 friendly in another card?

Well, basically what KRae says is correct. You need to mark the cards that will advance you towards any bingo on any card — be it down or across. So, it's your call as to what boxes on what cards to mark when you find a spirit.

So, if money can come from spirit sales we don't have to keep the spirits that we count for the bingo in the inventory, or do we have to?

No. You just cannot release them.

Being "logic" a skill needed for the career, can logic opportunities count for the money?

No they cannot.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
Thanks so much! So it is across OR down, and just one column OR one row in each card; so since we can only have 6 cards it is impossible to have all possible BINGOS, right?

Yesterday I did a practice run for this challenge, it seems I got it all messed out, but anyways, something funny happened: when she switched to the black uniform it never showed up, so my poor sim was running around chasing ghosts at night NAKED! LOL She did change to night gown and the others, but no uniform. But what troubled me the most was that the spirits she banished didn't go to her inventory… if that happens in the real run, we would have to  write to the team, right?

…Just remembered, Metro, weren't you on vacation? This doesn't need to be answered right away, of course not that I don't appreciate it, but I think it's better if you enjoy your vacation than answer my silly questions… they can always wait ;D
¡Pura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
Thanks so much! So it is across OR down, and just one column OR one row in each card; so since we can only have 6 cards it is impossible to have all possible BINGOS, right?

If you are lucky enough to find every single spirit and managed to tick all the boxes in one card, go for it.  It is not limited to one across OR one down per card.

You have 6 cards to work with. No more. You would work with all 6 at the same time. The most common spirits are in the top left area — Kind/Young for example. You will undoubtedly fill up all 6 of those boxes and then at that point you simply would not receive any more credit for that one type of spirit. However, you'll be lucky to find a single Evil/Ancient spirit. ;) Real lucky. Beyond lucky!  ;D

Yesterday I did a practice run for this challenge, it seems I got it all messed out, but anyways, something funny happened: when she switched to the black uniform it never showed up, so my poor sim was running around chasing ghosts at night NAKED! LOL She did change to night gown and the others, but no uniform. But what troubled me the most was that the spirits she banished didn't go to her inventory… if that happens in the real run, we would have to  write to the team, right?

The no uniform issue can be fixed.  If it happens in the real run, PM the team.

The spirits she banished didn't go to her inventory, its probably related to the no uniform bug.  Again if it happens in the real run, PM the team.

…Just remembered, Metro, weren't you on vacation? This doesn't need to be answered right away, of course not that I don't appreciate it, but I think it's better if you enjoy your vacation than answer my silly questions… they can always wait ;D

He is indeed on vacation, but the rest of us are not. :) 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 12:19:58 PM »
He is indeed on vacation, but the rest of us are not. :)

I leave tomorrow (Thursday), so I'll be popping in between loads of laundry and packing hehe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »
Rules addition:

If your Sim is struck with the no uniform bug here is a simple fix: have your Sim go to the wardrobe and enter the edit clothes mode. Click on the career tab and then exit the wardrobe. (thank you, Nutella for PMing the team that info)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 04:37:27 AM »
I'm doing a test run and also got naked sim syndrome after level 10. I've able to click on her and have her put on a different career outfit so all's well.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »
I've noticed if I just put on a different career uniform, my sim will work well until I logged off the game and when I restart, the invisible bug appears.  I find that making my sim go to the wardrobe and choose the career tab for the game to upload the correct career outfit a better fix.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 10:04:57 AM »
I went to the dresser at the consignment shop the first time it happened, but the next day it was back (I hadn't logged off), so just clicking on her seemed faster.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
I went to the dresser at the consignment shop the first time it happened, but the next day it was back (I hadn't logged off), so just clicking on her seemed faster.

Did you just change the outfit or did you plan the outfit? You need to plan the outfit for it to work :)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 12:04:55 AM »
Just a question with the scoring, to make sure I'm understanding it right.

So if we got a Young Kind, Old Kind and Ancient Kind, that's a three across and therefore I get 1 point?
And if I got 7 of each Young Ghost in a row (downwards), that's 6 point?

I hope that makes sense!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 07:45:10 AM »
Just a question with the scoring, to make sure I'm understanding it right.

So if we got a Young Kind, Old Kind and Ancient Kind, that's a three across and therefore I get 1 point?
And if I got 7 of each Young Ghost in a row (downwards), that's 6 point?

I hope that makes sense!

You are correct.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.