Author Topic: Return to Metro's Haven  (Read 35586 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Return to Metro's Haven
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
Skill booster is actually quite easy to use, just have to beware of hidden skill, watch your sim at all times (100% of the time).

If you cook a meal, even if your skill bar doesn't show Cooking Level 1, you probably have like 0.5 cooking skill.  Drinking skill booster will definitely boost cooking skill level.  You pick up a guitar and just play for one second, that will probably give you a hidden 0.1 guitar skill already.  Also I'm sure sometimes you lose track of your sim, and he/she will use their phone to stream video - hah there is your 0.5 social network skill already.  Taking a swim, will probably give you 0.1 athletic skill already.  Skill booster will boost any skill that your sim have (including the hidden ones that are not a full level 1 yet).

I find that if you get to level 3, using skill booster have a much higher success rate than using it at level 1.  Just like Chare said, keep chugging them and sooner or later you will get lucky and get the skill boost in the skill you want.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
Oh, thanks Nutella! Gosh, this explains all my problems. I'll keep that information in my mind.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »
Skill booster is actually quite easy to use, just have to beware of hidden skill, watch your sim at all times (100% of the time).

If you cook a meal, even if your skill bar doesn't show Cooking Level 1, you probably have like 0.5 cooking skill.  Drinking skill booster will definitely boost cooking skill level.  You pick up a guitar and just play for one second, that will probably give you a hidden 0.1 guitar skill already.  Also I'm sure sometimes you lose track of your sim, and he/she will use their phone to stream video - hah there is your 0.5 social network skill already.  Taking a swim, will probably give you 0.1 athletic skill already.  Skill booster will boost any skill that your sim have (including the hidden ones that are not a full level 1 yet).

I find that if you get to level 3, using skill booster have a much higher success rate than using it at level 1.  Just like Chare said, keep chugging them and sooner or later you will get lucky and get the skill boost in the skill you want.

^^^This 100%^^^

I'm huge sim oppressor. When I do slip up, it almost always social networking they learn. Sims can't stop fondling those smart phones... I think it's a blessing when they break.  :P

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »
^^^This 100%^^^

I'm huge sim oppressor. When I do slip up, it almost always social networking they learn. Sims can't stop fondling those smart phones... I think it's a blessing when they break.  :P

Once my sim used it even after it broke, somehow

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »
Of course Nutella, thanks for the information! So the random thing is not that random after all, and with hight free will you never know what they might do if they're not busy!

So my sims never had a skill elixir, what I did was that they were both bookworms, I sent them to the library and placed there the incense and a boom box! I let them read only the first two book, otherwise they wouldn't get any challenge. I first sent them to the future: Tobias learnt bot building by reading books and Tris took a class of advanced tech and then stole a windcarver and a couple of sprites and then it was only Tris who did all the traveling and the photography going around in the windcarver instead of walking, but I think she learned more of the advance tech from the Sprites. The bot building skill Tobias learned only from reading books because I was afraid to add a Simbot to my household unwillingly, then I learned that it wouldn't happen. It was funny that they could only stay in the future for two days, because of the challenge rules, and Tobias wasn't done with his "Bot building 3" yet, so I sent Tris to buy one for him and when they were back home I found out he had taken the book from the library with him, how does that happen? Why and how do Sims sometimes steal books?
ĄPura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2014, 05:00:37 PM »
Tris and Tobias!!!  I much prefer Tris and Four, hated the name Tobias, just ruins his image for me.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2014, 07:40:33 PM »
Tandrael, in the guide it says you learn the advanced tech skill better from the sprites than anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:20 PM »
Nutella: or Four and Six  ;) I don't like the name Tobias much either, I wasn't sure, and at first I thought of making Tris and Caleb, but...

MomOfMany: I found many important things when I was done... but well, I learned in "on the practice"  ;)
ĄPura vida!

anything