Author Topic: The Fortunate Fortnight  (Read 26562 times)

Offline aalikane

• Nooboo
Re: The Fortunate Fortnight
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »
I got 85,924. 

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 12:56:33 AM »
Grand total of 140,692 Happiness points.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 08:01:05 AM »
I named my sim after someone I knew ... apparently she took revenge against me. Anyway, I ended up with 36484. After the first week, I didn't think I'd get past 10k. lol

Offline susiesue

• Nooboo
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 09:27:30 AM »
I thought that I was doing much better on this one.  Peter Pickle gained a total of 101,480 Lifetime happiness points.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »
** I have been playing all day.

Happiness: 165.927

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »
Wishy Washy had a generally jolly time and managed to get 98,381 happiness points. Really enjoyed this one, apart from the frequent crashes!

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
Lifetime Happiness points for Gracie.... 63,698
Harder than I thought it would be  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
Avery Bigwisher got a total of 51, 639 lifetime happiness points.
Maybe I should have named him Notavery, haha.  Oh well, it was a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to having several Sims and few needs to look after in the next one.  Congrats to the top scorers!  And thanks again to all the organizers!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
My sim got 166,839 Happiness Points! This challenge was quite hard...

Offline tiffieleigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 01:12:54 AM »
104,290 here!  I thought I had a great plan but the winners always amaze me :)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 01:58:45 AM »
Yikes, just starting my file and my Sim burned... to death  :'(Couldn't even "put self out" and when the firefighters showed up they said that they couldn't reach the fire. At last I got a note saying something like "the end" LOL! I had never had that before in a Sim game! I guess I'm DNF then.
ˇPura vida!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 06:37:22 AM »
This event is officially closed. Grats to christinal3106 on topping the 36-player field. Well done! Players are now free to share strategy.

For my own effort the big thing was going in a direction I know pretty well — guitar playing and celebrity/charisma. So, I plopped my guy down in Bridgeport and had him skill up guitar quickly and then had him dive into the subway to get some of the biggest wishes in the game — like "Be worth more than 100,000 simoleans" and then "Be worth more than 250,000 simoleans." I do not know if those wishes fire for non-Snobs, but Snobs get the "Buy an object worth x amount" all the time, and so my guitarist/snob racked those up too.

There are lots of happiness points to be had when going the friendship/charisma route when so many wishes fire for your Sim to be Best Friends with X.

Lots and lots of fun. Like tiffieleigh I am always amazed at how good some players are after I post what I think is a decent score. Hehe.

Great job to everyone and thank you for participating.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 07:32:14 AM »
Well, I am shocked and excited that I won.  Nonetheless, I also went a road I traveled many times, and I went for the Descendant of DaVinci lifetime wish and succeeded.  I loaded up a game and turned off most expansions.  I think I just played with ambitions, supernatural, and university life.  I made a fairy and put him in Sunset Valley on the $3,000 lot overlooking the ocean.  I chose artistic, savvy sculptor, eccentric, loves the outdoors, and lucky as traits.  He lived outside.  I just made a small room for a bathroom, bought a good stereo, some decorative items, and a sculptor's station to start.  I kind of wished I chose loner instead of lucky, but it was already done.  I chose that lifetime wish because of the many large wishes sculpting and inventing always pop.  Also, it is worth 40,000 points.  I just skilled and ate coffee beans.  Eventually, needs were cut down to just showers.  It was the very last day at about 2 pm when he mastered the painting skill, and he got his lifetime wish.  I have all the wishes he completed written down.  It would just be a really long list, so if anyone wants me to share it, I will.   
Also, congrats to everyone who finished the challenge, and for the opportunity to even do the challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:14 AM »
Thank you, christinal3106. No need in sharing every single wish. How about sharing with other players a list of only those over 5k points? I would be interested in seeing that one myself.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »
Sure, I unfortunately didn't write down the values of every wish, but I am pretty sure that these are the ones that are worth at least 5,000 points.  There are many like sculpt a topiary, detonate x amount of items, etc. that are worth in the thousands. 
Make a brilliant sculpture, Master sculpting skill, Sculpt a masterpiece, Make 10,000 sculpting, Make 20,000 sculpting, Sculpt something over $1000 (I think), Build a miner, Build a time machine, Master inventing skill, Detonate 50 and 100 objects.  Detonate 100 objects is worth a whooping 11,000!  And Master Painting Skill.  There is more with painting in general, but it was my last skill, and the one I spent the least amount of time on.  Many of these are worth far more than 5,000 points.  I love sculpting and inventing.  The sim skill up faster and the wishes are worth tons of points.

anything