Author Topic: Children at University  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Praias

• Nooboo
Children at University
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »
I tried to find someone with this problem but so far no luck.

So, I have a guy who started dating someone at uni. Once back to his town, he invited her over and tried for baby. She went away after one day and when I invited her again she wasn't pregnant. I tried to invite her to move in and when it shows her household there was a child in there! And sure enough, in my male sim family tree there is now a daughter.

I would like to get the daughter but not the mum, is there any way to do this?

I also tried to enrol in uni to see if the kid was there and yes, she is. I was thinking of enrolling, quitting and then inviting daughter to visit but game just crashed so didn't try that, so thought I could ask if it will work.

Also, if I do invite mum to live with me (I did before but didn't save because I didn't want to go ahead with that path), can I then return the mum to uni as a npc?

Also, if the npc don't change, will my child meet her mum at uni again? (that's just weird...)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Children at uni
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »
You can't ask children to move in with you, so you have to use cheats in order to add the child to your household (testingcheatsenabled true -> shift + click the sim -> "Add to Active Household"). Though adding her with cheats is certainly possible, as long as you can find her to click on her.

If you add the mum to your household, she can't return to university as an NPC.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Omajaz

• Nooboo
Re: Children at University
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »
I had that. my sim got a university sim pregnant and the child showed up in his family tree. He enrolled in univ, invited the child over and I used a cheat to add the child to his household. When he went back home the child automatically returned with him.