Author Topic: ADVENTURE: Demise of Dong Ho  (Read 11228 times)

bshag

ADVENTURE: Demise of Dong Ho
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »
ADVENTURE:  Demise of Dong Ho

After 7 months of playing WA I finally got my first sim through all the trips and tombs, etc. to get the keystone to the Dragon Cave.  I thought, wow...now for the big fight with Dong Ho. ;D  My Renee sim, my first adventurer through WA was the one and unfortunately she is the one who cowers before the oncoming mummies. ::)  So I get through the cave to the throne room and one by one the mummies come out only to have one take her mummy snacks, the next gave one swipe then went back in sarcophagus to sleep and Dong Ho gave one swipe then did the same thing. :o  That's it??  That's what I've been drooling over to get to all these months???  Pfffft!  :D :D

Anyone else impressed? :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: ADVENTURE: Demise of Dong Ho
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »
Sorry bshag, I know how much you were waiting to get that one. Well now ya know.  I guess I need to start adventures again.  I have concentrated so much on Ambitions, think I will try it again.  Was that an opportunity you got from a profession, I forgot?
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »
Lord, it was so long ago I don't remember now.  I think it was a challenge that she got from the Adventure Board a long time ago and after all the trips to China and France, I finally get the major one.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:30:46 PM »
The opportunity comes from the Adventure board.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
Yes, I remember that. I thought my sim needs training in Martial Art untill she has fullfilled all the challenges (she fight the mummies) and then it was that. Not very difficult at all indeed. But you probably will have a harder time without the required skills.
And of course, without mummy snacks.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »
Ok, just finished this same adventure, not even as exciting as a sparring match!

PS: There's that one fancy looking treasure chest in the same room with Dong Ho and it requires a star key, anyone know where that is?  I must have passed it up.

dragonic2020

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
Ok, just finished this same adventure, not even as exciting as a sparring match!

PS: There's that one fancy looking treasure chest in the same room with Dong Ho and it requires a star key, anyone know where that is?  I must have passed it up.
I have the exact same problem Aria. I couldn't find a star key either. Do skeleton keys fit into star key locks?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »
Funny, I had a skeleton key and thought you could use it on any lock, that is what it is for, right?  It didn't work on any key hole and you could not remove it from your inventory, so unless there is a secret way of using it, I don't think the silly skeleton key works on anything, but I have been wrong before, lol.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
I have used the skeleton key on several occasions when my Sim did not have one of the star, crescent, heart, etc. keystones.  The skeleton keystone can not be used on keyed doors that require adventure keystones.  For example, you need adventure keystone to open all the keyed doors at the Landgraab estate in France or The Servants Quarters in Egypt.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:06:11 AM »
Hmm, guess I have just used the key on the wrong doors then, thought sure I had used it on non-adventure doors before.  Oh well, thanks wild, guess I will have to start doing adventures again.  I have not done one in a long time.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
I'm fairly new to Sims. In fact my base game Sims 3 purchase last January was my first experience with Sims. WA came out while I was still  newly enthralled with the whole thing so I never really explored it. I would travel to get plants or seeds,maybe to entice locals to come and visit for a little WooHoo. Last night I got the ax in China and I felt like I really accomplished something. I'm loving the puzzles and mazes.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
I did a little google search and found that a lot of people have had trouble with that same chest.  I'm guessing that there simply isn't a star key in that tomb, or at least there's 1 short, so when most people get to that point they can't open the box unless they have a skeleton key.  I didn't have one with me on that adventure, but I certainly did buy one afterwords!  And check it out, I've already used it for something so now I need to get another one.  Never thought those would come in handy, but apparently they do!

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 08:25:14 PM »
I did a little google search and found that a lot of people have had trouble with that same chest.  I'm guessing that there simply isn't a star key in that tomb, or at least there's 1 short, so when most people get to that point they can't open the box unless they have a skeleton key.  I didn't have one with me on that adventure, but I certainly did buy one afterwords!  And check it out, I've already used it for something so now I need to get another one.  Never thought those would come in handy, but apparently they do!
With my sim Aria, I had that problem. Found no star key, even used testingcheats to enter build mode and look for any hidden room or treasure I might have missed; but nada. She didn't manage to complete all adventures before a bug made her family unplayable, unfortunately. Real shame, I made her house so nice, too. :(
With my sim Arianna, on the other hand, she had a star key in her inventory from some other adventure when entering Dong Huo's treasure trove and opening the chest. I think there must be some adventures where you find keys that don't fit into any panel in the particular tombs of the adventure, but instead can be used in other adventures. Arianna has (I believe) finished all adventures, and opened all key panels, and I can't remember if she may have had a key left in her inventory? But I don't think she does. She's never used the skeleton key, never even bought it. So I think the number of key stones and key panels should match. :) Just go out and do more adventures, and then when you're done, go back to those chests you couldn't open before. If the number still isn't even, you can just use the skeleton key or cheat.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 12:33:33 PM »

What's up with that skeleton key thingy? The description says it can open any chest, but in my game it opens none. Maybe that's why I got stuck with trying to explore any tombs.

limaCAT

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »
Probably you are too far for this, but if you are really curious you can save one star key in Egypt.
One of the three pyramids you need to enter for the Three Relics quest run (the second pyramid, I think it's the tomb with the Desert Ocean symbol, the Pyramid of the Sky perhaps?)  has a puzzle set like this: there are two doors, one locked with a star key, the other unlocked but with a vapour trap. If you pass the vapour trap (you need to be clean to get the interaction and probably have a good athletic level too) you can save a star key.

Hope this helps.
p.s.: I don't know why but I am saving a lot of crescent shaped keys after doing 8 tombs in Egypt, 6 in China and 6 in France. I also saved a named key in the Pyramid of Winds.