Author Topic: Adventure: Confounded Boulder! (Temple of Heaven)  (Read 7470 times)

Bryndis

Adventure: Confounded Boulder! (Temple of Heaven)
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »
Heeey, guys...  Bit of a lurker here--but I'm desperate.
Alright, so I'm really stuck.  Currently I'm in the Temple of Heaven, and having no luck finding Pangu's Axe, I checked Carl's page with the map of the tomb... I did everything right, but the Axe is not there.
I tried using the sands of understanding, but it kept pointing me in dead-end directions, such as an already disarmed trap, or a dive well that goes nowhere.
I could easily use buydebug to get the axe, but that means I don't finish the quest!  Any ideas on why this is happening?  I do have mods installed(no core mods, though) but the ones that involve WA are for nectar; either objects mods or script mods. 
I know from searching this forum that people were having problems with the Axe disappearing from their inventory, but if it was never there in the first place...  I'm tempted to edit the Temple of Heaven and ADD the Axe, but I have no idea how that would screw up my game.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Adventure: Confounded Boulder! (Temple of Heaven)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:02:01 AM »
This may seem like a stupid question, but is the sim you're using the first sim in that neighbourhood that you've tried to find the axe with? Because if another sim in the neighborhood already has it, it won't be there again. That's the only thing I can think of. But I've never tried mods, so I guess that could be making it wierd?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Bryndis

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »
This may seem like a stupid question, but is the sim you're using the first sim in that neighbourhood that you've tried to find the axe with? Because if another sim in the neighborhood already has it, it won't be there again. That's the only thing I can think of. But I've never tried mods, so I guess that could be making it wierd?

Actually, I've never been on this quest before in this neighborhood...  I don't think it's a stupid question; it could have been the problem! 
It could very well be the mods--though I'm... insanely tedious about testing the few I have out in case it screws up my game.  I have a mac, so I'm in the minority as far as support.  --That might be a problem, too, actually.  Curse you, Macintosh!  :P

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 03:00:36 PM »
I found detailed help with photos at this site.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Bryndis

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
I found detailed help with photos at this site.

Hey, that site's pretty cool... *wanders around, saves the walkthrough for the Sphinx*

--Actually, the problem was that I had mostly solved the tomb, but Pangu's Axe just wasn't there on the wall where it should be. 

I eventually got frustrated, saved the game, then enabled testingcheats, buydebug and shift-click to "buy on this lot".  Turns out it WAS there, just invisible and unclickable in live mode.  I replaced it, went back to live mode and thank goodness, it worked!

So I guess I kind of solved that one myself... but has anyone had that problem? 
Also, related question: does anything horrible happen if you do the "buy on this lot" thing in the tombs?  Does it mess the whole tomb up for some arbitrary reason?  Because while it'd be boring to just delete whatever is in your way--I think the game has enough methods of getting around being stuck, and then there's guides, of course--but in case something like this happens again...?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »
I use the Buy on The Lot on the tombs when I see a floor or wall that I want to save to my game.  It's never messed up the tomb at all.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Bryndis

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »
Pam:  Oh, good.  ...Early as it is, once I figured out what you meant by that I had to laugh.  Such a great idea!  I think they did the best job with designing China overall, but I didn't even think of grabbing the wall patterns. :D  I'll keep it in mind--and thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mtgradwell

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
I had no problem getting the axe; but if anyone else does have a problem: I wonder, could this be the same issue that I have sometimes with paintings? I sometimes find that a painting is invisible and unselectable. I think it usually happens when the painting is placed in an unusual location, such as on the outside of a building instead of inside a room. Anyway, if it is the same issue, then it can be resolved by making the walls up instead of cutaway.

anything