Author Topic: House Hunters II  (Read 38350 times)

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
Re: House Hunters II
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2014, 05:42:19 AM »
I also tried to use the pregnancy trick, but even the one or two household with 3 kids (thanks to childrens music) didn't move, even after the baby's grew up to todlers.
I had one werewolf do all the hunting all the time. The other sim (I can't remember right know if he was a werewolf too or not, he was in a few testing files, but not in other testing files) I used to get to know all the sims in the town and to get as much people (in the more expensive houses) pregnant as possible, I then had them over for a party and played children's music. I also had my sim get fertility treatment as a LTR.

After my werewolf found some tiberium the cashflow went sky high (I sold them after they grew and had around 6 milion in cash by the end of the two weeks and stoped hunting on wednesday of week 2 as I had more then enough cash to buy all the houses if they would become available), using the gemcutter from supernatural is a huge moneymaker. I started in Sunset Valley in the cheapest home and didn't move until the last day just after midnight. There are two homes in Sunset Valley who are worth exactly the same. I started a fire in one of them (I learned in a practice file that it makes the house worth less, so I could move then to the home that used to be exaclty the same, but was now a couple of dollars more expensive.

I too noticed that the first house was worth a lot more because of the tiberium growing, but that resolved when I sold them. I did need to try to destroy a small part of the yard where the tiberium used to grow to correct the housevallue (just as _Annika_), but as I didn't stay in the other houses longer then it took to make a new phonecall, I didn't had that problem there.

As I only moved on the last day, non of the houses lost any value. I am happy with my score as it was, I only could have gotten an better score if the sims in the more expensive houses would move, but they didn't.

Femke82

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »
I didn't leave anything behind. When I put the Tiberium on the ground and it got large if you wait till after midnight and pick it up the house value increases. This only works if the Tiberium is on the lot at midnight. How were you able to destroy ground without going into build mode?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:15 AM »
Loved this one, can't wait to share my tactics.....  Fred and Rose West racked up a tremendous total score of 2,304,690

Could the tiberium trick MomOfmany used be the answer to susiesue's score? I wish she would log and say what she did but she has not been online in 2 days.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:37 PM »
I think it could be possible.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2014, 07:59:01 AM »
Ugh. I'm frustrated. What the heck do I do? :( susiesue has not logged on in a few days to explain her big score and I just want to make sure everything checks out. I cannot believe I have to deal with this at the very end of the Sims 3 Tournament. I want to wrap things up and announce the final World Ranking, etc. How much longer do I wait?

Loved this one, can't wait to share my tactics.....  Fred and Rose West racked up a tremendous total score of 2,304,690

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Is anyone willing to do a test using momofmanys strategy to see if it is possible to get anywhere near the high score posted.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:22 AM »
Rachel,

I'm game to give it a go if you don't find a better player. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2014, 09:40:58 AM »
The more people that test the better just pm the team with your results.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
I will try to find time to test run it but it might not be til Monday.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »
I will try to find time to test run it but it might not be til Monday.

Thank you, MomOfMany. And thank you Rachel for suggesting getting players onboard and helping. I will wait no longer than next Friday to announce the winner of this event. That's one week after I should have made an announcement.  ::) But, I am trying to be the nice guy and be fair. Whether or not susiesue did the tiberium trick MomOfMany employed or not, this needs to be resolved and it will be no later than next Friday.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »
So we just do the challenge as is but trying to find as many tiberiums as possible, leaving them on the ground over night and then sell them?... Sounds like fun to me! How can we get lots of tiberium? Are warewolves better than dogs finding tiberium or is that just random? I've never had a witch get a tiberium with their magic and I've never seen tiberium listed in the consigment shop.

MomofMany, do you remember how much the value increased over night with the tiberium?I guess it depends on the value of the house.

I'll try to do a test run just for fun! This is a very fast challenge!
ĄPura vida!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
The value increase seemed to vary to me so I would say your best bet is to just move to the last house as quickly as possible and just use the tiberium on the last house.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2014, 03:03:51 PM »
I was thinking on trying to use the tiberium on EVERY house, to see if they would all increase in value...  ;D
ĄPura vida!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »
They will but the value might go up too high and then you might have to skip a house or stay in a house for longer.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »
Given that nothing is supposed to be left on the lot, and clearing the space where the tiberium used to be with a hammer fixes the problem I would have thought that is an exploit and should not have been abused. I think the fire trick was the best strategic method.

anything