Author Topic: House Hunters II  (Read 37887 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: House Hunters II
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2014, 11:42:27 AM »
Hunter and Wiz Moovin lived in houses valued at a total of $2,745,249.

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2014, 12:03:21 PM »
Wow Chare, what a score! I can't wait to find out how you did this

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 03:58:29 AM »
Well my pair of house hunters racked up 988292 worth of houses, a lot better than I was expecting.

EA certainly comes up with some interesting house designs, I must say. :)

Dek

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »
This challenge ends tomorrow night (Tuesday), so call your local realtor and tell them to kick things into high gear! :) Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »
Total value of the houses is:  $866,889.

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
So I practised a few times, got my strategy ready and was really looking forward to giving this one a go. I started my game file...and then it game crashed before I even had a chance to save it! So, I'm a DNF :'(

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Oh, this challenge ends tomorrow!!! What I had in mind hasn't really worked in my test files, it seems I'll just have to jump in! Good it's such a fast challenge!
ˇPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
Folks I have what may be upsetting news for some of you — I need to restart this challenge and extend the ending time. Pam brought to my attention her feelings on not promoting the killing of Sims on the forum. We are indeed a family friendly place and though I am not specifically promoting killing there's no other way to get Sims to move out efficiently to make their expensive homes available (now you know how Chare did it hehe).

Here's another problem — the tournament has always had a no kill policy since 2009. That's kind of imbedded in players heads, but I dropped it for this year just because I honestly did not think that would even be an issue. And it hasn't with the challenges so far. But, this event is different. You basically have to kill Sims to get them out of their houses. I had a long discussion with Carl about this while we were playing D3 today and had made up my mind that it was a player's responsibility to know the rules. But, guys...I just do not feel good about this. Pam and I are friends and allowing this to go down could potentially be a real black eye. I cannot let that happen. So, the event starts over as of right now and ends at the end of July. The only difference in the rule set is there is no intentional killing of Sims.

I am so sorry if feelings are hurt over this decision. I take full responsibility for this and did not discuss it with ratchie, Blackrosea, or Nutella (sorry, ladies). It was bothering me so much that I just had to act and do it quickly before there was longterm damage.

I hope everyone that submitted scores already will decide to participate again.

Thank you for bearing with me on this.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
This challenge has restarted (see above post) with a no kill policy. The end time has been extended to July 31.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »
This challenge has restarted (see above post) with a no kill policy. The end time has been extended to July 31.

Given that only people who realized that the No-Kill Rule was not in the General Rules for this year had a massive advantage and would require others to do this to be competitive, it seems fair. Those used to the rules in the past who didn't realize not killing wasn't in there would rank very lowly compared to those who killed. Perhaps the best solution is to allow those who already submitted scores without killing to retain them, so that they do not have to do the event over. Unfortunately, someone has to - but those people already did the challenge without using that strategy.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
I never killed any sims in my strategy. Can I keep my score? I thought that it wasn't allowed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »
Yes, this is a totally fair suggestion (thank you, Carl and Lisa) — if you did NOT kill Sims, then your score can stand. But, I have no way of knowing aside from you posting in this thread stating as much. So, if you did not kill Sims to make their homes available, then let the team know and we'll put you back in the table.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »
My score did not involve killing Sims. Thank you, Metro and Carl. :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
It didn't occur to me to kill any Sims. Even though I have a low score, I'd rather not have to re-play the challenge.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »
Although it did occur to me to kill sims to get them out I didn't know how? I don't think I have ever really killed a sim! So is it ok for me to ask how it was possible to do so and still maintain the rules?

anything