Author Topic: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale  (Read 36783 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Re: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2014, 10:34:08 AM »
LOL! I have been seeing some weird ones lately. Like the birds that you can see flying in map view fly down into the house but they disappear right away or just fly right through the house. Really strange but nothing major.

Edited: By unique skill does that mean one of the children can't gain any skill in them either or just unique to the starting two?

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
I don't know if this is considered strategy but is there a way to get skill opportunities to spawn? I am on Week 5 already which I know puts me at the bottom at of the board as of right now and skill opportunity is all I need but I can't get one. My other Sims have gotten them and I have skilled him in 3 skills but still nothing. What can I do?

Edited: Now I have error code 12 so I can't save my last save was about 2 or 3 Sim days ago when I moved but I still need to know what I can do about getting a skill opportunity if this doesn't fix it for me. This file has been extremely bugged for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 12:45:37 AM »
Do you have Into The Future installed? That interferes with skill opportunities. If so, you may have to repeatedly send your sim into a rabbithole so that when one does come up, they will be able to receive it. If not, then I can only imagine it's a different bug and needs the challenge team call on what to do. Opportunites are supposed to fire roughly every 2 sim days.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »
I do have Into the Future installed but I haven't had any trouble getting other opportunities. I just can't seem to get a skill one. I have had a couple career opportunities and some special so no skill. And my two other sims in this file are getting skill opportunities just the guy I need isn't. That's why I don't understand it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:03 AM »
Having into the future installed lowers the chances of getting a skill opportunity by a lot.  Your other 2 sims in this file is lucky and the one guy is unlucky is all I could think.  Without into the future, skill opps fires about every 2 days.  With into the future, from my experience skill opps fires once a week - and that is even not 100% for sure will fire.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
@MomOfMany — sorry to hear about your problems. I will go ahead and allow you to uninstall ITF and finish up your file. It's partly our fault for not reminding players to do this in the rules. I'm sorry.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 09:26:32 PM »
Thanks Metro! I went ahead a tried to uninstall Into the Future but the only way I know to do this is to completely delete it and when I did now there is an error and it will not start up so I reinstalled it only to find the same error message so I am going to try and move the file and just uninstall and reinstall everything but I don't know how well that is going to work as I have some weird thing with my game where my saves in my file don't show up only the new ones I make but I will let you know how it goes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2014, 08:24:42 AM »
The last two challenges (this Grand Finale and House Hunters) close in about 48 hours (Thursday at midnight), so wrap up your efforts and post those scores. :) Good luck to everyone finishing up!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
Honey do this, honey do that, they where bossing each other around to complete as fast as possible, but when the game is not giving you the oppourtunities before then you cannot do anything about the time.

My little family completed at
Week 2 Day 7 10:52AM

Last challenge for the sims 3, now i am diffently sad. But also joyfull somewhere, its been a nice journey :D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
I am afraid that I'm going out with a whimper and am a DNF. I just don't have the time between now and midnight on the 31st to try to get it done.

Thanks for the challenge, again.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
Last challenge for the sims 3, now i am diffently sad.

Hehe me too, Lena. Have no fear — Sims 4 challenges await us all soon enough. Nice score by the way.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2014, 05:57:24 AM »
Ah well not the best ending I was hoping for but fun nevertheless.

Week 5 Day 4 4:16PM

Thanks for all the great challenges and looking forward to next year's ones  :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »
Week 3 Day 2. Very proud of this effort.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Week 3 Day 2. Very proud of this effort.

Good job. We need hours and minutes as well.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2014, 11:46:53 AM »
Oh, oops! 4:46 pm on week 3 day 2

anything