Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 102739 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #435 on: September 01, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
Just found out that for North and South America, the game will be released at midnight eastern, which is 9 pm for the west coasters.  happy Simming!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #436 on: September 01, 2014, 09:41:41 PM »
General Discussion will be created around midnight EST so that most people who ordered digitally can begin topics. We will add more boards tomorrow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kymber13

• Nooboo
« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2014, 09:42:14 PM »
So with the Gallery feature which replaces the Exchange, will we still have the ability to download to our desktops so we can check content for bad CC before installing it? I'm a little concerned about downloading stuff directly into the game. I'm hoping Delphy will create a new cleaner executable for Sims 4.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #438 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »
Unless you already have the CC that a download has used, it will be stripped from the download before being added to your game.

Offline kymber13

• Nooboo
« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
Unless you already have the CC that a download has used, it will be stripped from the download before being added to your game.

Interesting....so the only way to get CC into our games is to download from third party creators and install?

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #440 on: September 01, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »
It looks that way.  I've been searching sims that are sharable with lots of CC, and when I bring it into my folder, all the CC is gone.  I just redress them and they're ready for play.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #441 on: September 01, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »
I've had the game for about 12 hours now and I can honestly say it's great. If you watched the live stream videos at all, they are spot on in terms of gameplay.

I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of manipulating emotions and all the unique interactions. I've got a male and a female living together as roommates and focusing on their careers at the moment (Astronaut and Artist, both are great!) but I've been trying to get them to like each other more with limited success. I feel like I need to make that Flirty room one of the live streams referenced and stuff them in there for an evening.

The loading times are minimal, the game runs like butter, even on low graphic settings from what I've read of others. The collecting is tons of fun too. I have barely even looked at Build Mode yet, I just dove right into playing the game. The UI is streamlined and intuitive and the graphics are awesome!

My best advice: upgrade from the cheapest appliances & comfort furniture right away. The cheapest stuff gives you Uncomfortable Moodlets. You'll have enough Simoleans to upgrade the basics with some left over. My first week of bills was only $530 and I was expecting a lot more from what the SimGurus said in the last week, but my home is a little basic with average items in it for the most part.

Next best advice: You have a daily task every day to complete for your job. This is different than the tasks listed underneath your Performance Bar. If you hover over your Performance Bar, you will see  your daily task. Don't forget it, it gives you a good boost for your performance and if you forget about it too much, you won't advance as quickly as you could.

Have Fun! I'll check back into the forums and answer as many questions as I can for the next few hours. Drinking coffee now to stay awake :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #442 on: September 02, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »
My game is blurry - the portrait and panels are all fine, but the actual game is blurry...

09-01-14_11-40 PM by jesirose, on Flickr

Heres a better one:
09-01-14_11-46 PM by jesirose, on Flickr
- Jessica

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #443 on: September 02, 2014, 12:43:55 AM »
Also, to get all your Sims from your CAS demo into your full version, just copy the contents from the demo folder into your full version folder.

Just drag all the files from:

Documents/EAGames/Sims4CASdemo/Tray

to

Documents/EAGames/Sims4/Tray

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2014, 12:50:36 AM »
Also, to get all your Sims from your CAS demo into your full version, just copy the contents from the demo folder into your full version folder.

Just drag all the files from:

Documents/EAGames/Sims4CASdemo/Tray

to

Documents/EAGames/Sims4/Tray

Thank you for this. :) I was wondering why I could find all the sims I made.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #445 on: September 02, 2014, 01:08:43 AM »
If anyone else has the blurry problem, in the game settings, uncheck "Post Processing Effects". That fixed it for me. I was able to put it on the higher settings and just uncheck that and it looks good now.
- Jessica

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #446 on: September 02, 2014, 01:14:29 AM »
I just realized the speed up until done speed, whatever you call it, it's gone. There's no speed #4 :(
- Jessica

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #447 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:59 AM »
I'm so angry I could almost cry. I just lost my saved game. Don't trust the autosave. If you load a wrong one, it overwrites it. My game got laggy with thousands of items in inventory and froze when I went to graft a 20th type of plant onto my best plant. Now I have an autosave that has no skills. Thankfully I have what I had gathered, but it makes it so that I cannot get perfect numbers for gardening without starting the skill over entirely. I'm frustrated.. had 22/31 plants. Save your game manually and don't trust that autosave until they fix it. Even if you exit WITHOUT saving, it autosaves, overwriting your autosave data.

I will publish some starting info on gardening an work on the table of plant values when I'm not so furious.

Originally posted in the wrong thread I was so mad.

General Discussion board is up for those of you who own the game.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #448 on: September 02, 2014, 01:34:17 AM »
Oh no Carl, that's awful! I just hate it when I lose a lot of hard work. It's a shame you had to 'test out' the autosave 'feature' for us the hard way. It did make me smile a little that the webmaster posted in the wrong thread though!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #449 on: September 02, 2014, 01:50:34 AM »
 :o Still a little mad, but I did email the contractor who gave me early access to tell her to pass along the info I suggested. I want the option to keep 20+ autosaves if I so desire. I don't want one from the beginning and 1 that is constantly rotating based on what you last did - that's stupid. I doubt anyone would disagree. Who wants a day 0 save? It's ridiculous to only have the one, continually rotating, and for it to not obey exit without saving. I hope my words are passed on to the right people, else I will ignore autosave and try to remember to save frequently. It DOES save fast, people, so use it!!

The game gets overwhelmed with 1000s of items. I had collected frogs, metals, but mainly never sold a single fruit or vegetable, so my list for fertilizer and such were likely out of the boundaries they designed. So it's not something the average player would meet up with to cause a crash, but to have more than 1 autosave should be standard. What would I do with the one from 12:30PM after playing 13 hours? What would we do with it after 100 hours? We need to get to choose how many autosaves we keep. Also, the one I originally loaded that might have 'saved' me was 30 mins prior.. I thought it was saving often in the background? Guh.

Edit: to clarify how that happened, when I loaded the one 30 mins prior I had seen one that said 12:30 and wanted to try it - but I'd been playing so long I didn't realize it said PM... so I loaded my day 0 save and it autosaved over it although I immediately exited. That's the problem.. human error but there's no logic in saving at such a time.

anything