Author Topic: Cars stuck in family inventory!  (Read 15600 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Cars stuck in family inventory!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »
I think I remember having a car stuck in my family's inventory before. The only way I remember being able to fix it was to split the family up to the clip board and then moving them back into their house. At the time it wiped out all that was in their family inventory, so if you have some important things in the family inventory that you don't want to get rid of this may not be good to try.

Something else came to mind to try resetsim * to reset the whole town, that might help?

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline HopeAlive

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »
Did you buy a parking spot from the store and put it in the garage?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 08:12:22 AM »
My teenage Sim has the family's Motive Mobile (I think that's the name) stuck in her inventory after a trip to France. It won't come out; there is a cap parking space for it on the lot.
This is a Reward, and I would like to get it back (with or without cheating), so please, is there ANY fix for stuck stuff in inventory yet?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »
Hi Sita,

It's recommended to move the family out, and then back in.

Here's a link for more information.

Stuck inventory items
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-stuck-inventory-items.html

If you have rewards, like the Motive Mobile, look them up in the BuyDebug menu. You can get to this menu by, Press Shift-Ctrl-C keys together to bring up cheat console and typing in BuyDebug on.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the Forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:21 PM »
Sometimes, those motive mobiles just get stuck there forever. Use the buydebug cheat to get another one.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 07:18:10 AM »
Thanks!

Yeah they get lost places too. I've lost them on WA holidays before, simply left behind or at community lots.  More poor coding I spose.
Fixed this family - I found a clue in a second thread on the same topic here - something like "MM stuck in inventory". I don't think of these as MMs I suppose. I put a second (well actually fourth) car parking space outside the garage, since it occurred to me that the garage parking space might be blocked. Sent the teen to a community lot, and when she came home she parked in the new space in front of the garage.
 ;D

I actually stopped getting MMs because I lost so many. Maybe now that I have ONLY the mods I want, and those good, I can actually PLAY this game the way it's meant to be played.

Offline PurplrPrincess

• Obsessed Fangirl
  • Nooboo
  • I see you that looking at this text.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
Try evicting the sim(s) with the cars from their home, then putting them back in. I had the same issue, and when I did that, it worked fine.
"Because I can."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything