Author Topic: Bake Sales  (Read 3229 times)

Offline rampionrampage

• Nooboo
Bake Sales
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »
Can't get anyone to approach my table, midday at a park.

I have at least one of everything (all excellent or perfect), except fewer chocolate items since it's not 'in' today (read report) as much as "other" goods, vanilla is all-time low. Priced according to the nifty guide http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=1584.0.

No one even looks at the stand unless I use a mod to force people to show up (couple dozen). When I do that, I still only make three sales, at best, even after seven hours. It's pretty much totally ignored. Weirdly, all that sold was vanilla ("all time low" according to report).

It's a lot of work to get zero payback, especially since there are only two days of the week a kid can really make this work and all the food goes bad so quickly.

Has there been any observation about how to make this work? Is it something up with the lot, the town I'm in (Roaring Heights)?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Bake Sales
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 06:15:58 AM »
Sorry to hear it's not working for you. I don't often have many sales either but placing the stand near a protest in front of the town hall usually works.  I guess it's just an unfortunate downside of not having public places very well populated unless, like you say, you help it along with mods.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:20:33 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, rampionrampage.

You will actually get better results if you put the baking stand in front of your Sim's house.  Other Sims will come without having to do anything at all.  Some will purchase and some will not.  My biggest challenge was keeping the child at the table to make the sale.  They always want to wander off after a short time.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:47:34 AM »
Try selling the cakes on weekends. More townies will visit community lots at weekends than working day, especially beach and big parks. Hope this helps.