Author Topic: Smartphone and Capture Moment Obsession  (Read 3703 times)

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
Smartphone and Capture Moment Obsession
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:43 AM »
I couldn't find a previous topic on this so started a new one. My apologies if this is discussed somewhere else.

I really liked all the features of UL except the smartphone. After a few sims days of installing it, one of my sims became obsessed with the capture the moment feature. He would barely do anything else except take pictures with his phone. I finally got so annoyed with it that I uninstalled the expansion pack.

I've read in different places that there's a mod to install to stop this and others have said that if their photography skill is mastered, they wont obsessively do this. Well I maxed out his photography skill before uninstalling and he still continued to be obsessive.

I really want to reinstall the pack, but am hesitant that I will encounter the same issue as it made game play not very fun. I've always used high free will and don't want to change that and I've never used mods before and honestly don't know anything about them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
Re: Smartphone and Capture Moment Obsession
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »
Sims will capture the moment autonomously if they're at party, and I think they will do it more frequently if they have influence at least with one of social groups.
If your sims are doing it too frequently even if they're not in a party, consider installing mod from modthesims site.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:14:34 AM »
It sounds like maybe a bug to me.  Did it happen with any other of your Sims or in a different game file?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:29:51 PM »
Yes Pam it did happen in a completely different game with a different sim. Not sure if it was a bug or not but I finally read up on mods and installed one to stop the autonomous capture the moment...so now can enjoy University Life.

anything