Author Topic: Sim Body Shape Changes  (Read 125143 times)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Sim Body Shape Changes
« on: September 07, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
I've noticed my two adult sims, who used to be slender to normal weight, are both gaining weight as time in the game goes on.  One sim is lazy, so exercising isn't really his thing, but the other sim jogs at least every other day.  Neither really overeat.  I only send them to take care of hunger when it drops about halfway.  Occasionally it won't be yellow yet, but the bar is nowhere near full.

Do the different foods they eat have different effects on their physique?  I admit the garden salad isn't something they regularly make...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim Body Shape Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »
All my sims have been putting on weight too. The only activity that seemed to help lose that weight involved skilling up to about level 5 in fitness as then using the treadmill really slims them down.
I made sure that they didn't overeat and would cancel the action when the green bar was nearly full, I only had them eat when hungry etc but they still gained weight.
It's all a bit too realistic lol <looks at self> I do like my sims lives to be realistic but also utopian! My chef sim rarely gets to eat her own creations now. A moment on the lips and all that  ;)

I read somewhere that one of the simgurus said that eating salads only helps and not to eats snacks like chips and the gourmet tacos (I think it was) helps.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »
I noticed any culinary food (via cooking) will make my sim gain weight, even without overeating.  Using the quick meal (cereal) works best for me, never saw my sim gain weight from cereal, but they do need to eat more often as quick meal does not fill up the hunger bar like normal cooked food.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »
I've noticed this as well.

My sim who would make most of the meals for the family would always eat until she was full. I put her on the treadmill for a little bit and that did the trick. Stopping her from eating until full has prevented her from putting on the weight again, and waiting until hunger is in the yellow-ish range. My other sim who is the same age and who I don't bother micromanaging his eating hasn't gained weight, thankfully.
Hi!

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »
Yea, I've noticed this in my female sim in the Culinary career. My male sim is a Pro-Gamer and had the Bodybuilder Aspiration. He hasn't gained a bit of weight, but definitely looks a bit more muscular. My female on the other hand, has started gaining lovehandles.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
If you use the Insta Lean potion (Aspiration reward), it will make them stay skinny the rest of their Sim Life.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »
My sim rarely cooks but with the mixologist aspiration she does some heavy drinking to meet personal goals and I can tell you all that "juice" can really make a sim chunky! I have used that lean potion three times now and boy does she get freaky skinny with that thing. Soon enough her body will warp back to being really heavy set again, slowly but surely!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 09:41:15 PM »
I can foresee a "permanent" insta lean potion in a future expansion pack.

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »
If that potion makes them "Freakishly Skinny" I think I'll avoid it. I'd rather them look healthy than anorexic

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 11:58:55 PM »
I've found that if you queue up another action after they start eating, (or keep an eye on the hunger mood and cancel right as it hits full) they will stop once they're full, even if there's food still on the plate.  This has kept my non exercising bookish sim fairly slim.  I then sneak the plate back into the fridge for them to snack on their leftovers later!

Fun tip, if you queue up quick meals twice and pick one as juice/milk, and the other food, the sim will get both and eat and drink simultaneously, saving money, filling the hunger bar more, getting the juiced happy moodlet, and plus it's a nice visual to see them having a glass with their food.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 03:13:41 AM »
My sims are also gaining weight even though they only eat garden salads since they set the kitchen on fire which crashed my game. My mother sim especially is fat after a pregnancy! I thought that was pretty neat haha.
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 03:01:42 PM »
my mother sim became huge after pregnancy! haha. I noticed that running helped her to lose weight again.
But that resulted in another thing :P i thought she could lose a bit more weight and did some extra exercising and now she looks like a boby builder.  :-\ I just want her to be skinny again, but I'm not sure the potion will work if your sim is muscular and not really fat.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 03:18:36 PM »
my mother sim became huge after pregnancy! haha. I noticed that running helped her to lose weight again.
But that resulted in another thing :P i thought she could lose a bit more weight and did some extra exercising and now she looks like a boby builder.  :-\ I just want her to be skinny again, but I'm not sure the potion will work if your sim is muscular and not really fat.

If you keep your sim inactive (no athletic activity) for a couple of days she'll loose the muscle. I found that out when my founder got a hulk physice from dancing.

Offline kanzaki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »
If you keep your sim inactive (no athletic activity) for a couple of days she'll loose the muscle. I found that out when my founder got a hulk physice from dancing.

My sim founder hit the punching bag for a few minutes and turned into a gorilla.  :-[

cas.fulleditmode to the rescue

Dellena

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 05:18:59 AM »
Fun tip, if you queue up quick meals twice and pick one as juice/milk, and the other food, the sim will get both and eat and drink simultaneously, saving money, filling the hunger bar more, getting the juiced happy moodlet, and plus it's a nice visual to see them having a glass with their food.

Great tip!  Thanks!