Author Topic: Mod to Brighten Indoor Lighting  (Read 11545 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Mod to Brighten Indoor Lighting
« on: September 10, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
There are 2 mods available at Mod The Sims to make the indoor lighting brighter.

The one I have tried is by kikiwalu and is called Indoor Lights Brighter.  There is another one by Shimrod101 called Improved Lighting.  They are both available under:  Downloads --> Game Mods --> Config Mods - Lighting and Camera Mods.  You need to be a registered member of MTS to download the files and it is free to sign up.

The mod by kikiwalu works fine for me and I have had no problems since I installed it.  Although I have not used any of Shimrod101's mods before I know that his mods for TS3 enjoy a great reputation and I would assume this will continue with TS4.  Even so, please be sure to take proper precautions for yourself before downloading and installing any mods.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Mod to Brighten Indoor Lighting
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
I use Shimrod101's light mod. It's really good and I tried it together with some of his other light mods in my test game today.

If you are considering using some of Shimrod101's other mods, I would recommend you use his indoor lighting as well, since he tests them together and can make sure they are compatible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kixdsky

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »
I use the Shimrod101 light mod as well.  I still get some of that blue hue effect but not as much as before.  I am really disappointed with the lighting in this game the way it shipped.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »
I use the Shimrod101 light mod as well.  I still get some of that blue hue effect but not as much as before.  I am really disappointed with the lighting in this game the way it shipped.

I never tried the v2 version, and haven't played very long with it in game to notice any blueness.  I am also disappointed in the indoor lighting, if they had at leas given us an option to brighten lights on lamps it would have been better.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »
I am also using this mod and like it.
- Jessica

Offline kixdsky

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »
V3 of the Shimrod mod seems to have removed more of the bluish hue.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
V3 of the Shimrod mod seems to have removed more of the bluish hue.

Thanks - will make an upgrade :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »
I have tried both Shimrod's and kikiwalu's lighting mods now and I definitely prefer the latter.  I'm still getting too much color distortion (blue hue) for my taste even with the current version of Shimrod's mod.  I'm not sure if it is something that can be tuned by the user to adjust the color tone, but since I get what I find to be more pleasing tone and brightness with kikiwalu's mod without any fiddling around I'm going to stick with it for now. 

Since the community has been pretty vocal about this on the EA forums I wouldn't be surprised if the lighting issues are partially or totally addressed in a patch in the near future.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »
I had Shimrod's lighting mod in my game for a while but I took it out, because it seemed to distort the colours quite a bit. At the moment I am playing without mods, but not mind having some more light indoors. I'll have to check out kikiwalu's mod. Thanks for the hint, Katluvr.

Offline natashaspy

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:12:13 PM »
On the last few posts I tried kikiwalu's Lights Brighter and am so impressed with this mod! I was surprised at how many of you were talking about too much of blue when my blues were turning out greenish or just dull. I have a white and blue bed that looked greenish and dull blue. I just added kikiwalu's mod and for the first time it is a blue and white bed. Everything changed so nicely. Very happy with this mod.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »
So I checked and Shimrod has updated his mod to v4 since the latest patch and I decided to give it a try again.  The colors are more natural looking now, very little blue hue, and this version actually outperforms kikiwalu's mod in my opinion.  While kikiwalu's mod makes rooms brighter it doesn't adequately address how dark sims appear when they are not in direct light.  Shimrod's mod allows sims to be more brightly lit and I think may end up making for better screenshots.  For those of you who found the blue hue disturbing in previous versions, it is well worth your time to give the current version a try.

Offline Laylabaccarini

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 01:39:00 AM »
I'd rather not uninstall and install mods because last time I did that I had to reinstall the whole game which resulted in my saves not working anymore, fortunately I was very early on so it wasn't an issue, but now with over 40 hours spent I don't want to mess anything up. Before on my old installation I had Enhanced Lights and FX but that didn't do much and the overall lighting of my game was a mess, now it's great except too dark.

*link removed by Twinmum (please no advertising links)