Author Topic: Deleted dorm mailbox  (Read 3632 times)

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
Deleted dorm mailbox
« on: September 12, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »
I was editing the University town and deleted one of the dorms to replace with a dorm that I built. I created the dorm from a different game file and it did have the dorm mailbox in there. But when I edited the lot to make some minor changes, I noticed that it's gone. I tried checking in the buydebug menu and I couldn't find a dorm mailbox in there, only ones for regular lots and apartments. I did a bit of Google-ing and found that for normal residential lots, the mailbox normally reappears when the player accidentally deletes it. I was wondering if that is true for dorm mailboxes too.

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Deleted dorm mailbox
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 07:45:19 PM »
Nevermind. The mailbox did reappear on the edge of the lot along with the trashcan, which also disappeared earlier but I didn't notice.

Along with those, there's also a random painting and a stool that appeared in the very corner of the lot.

It's still there. I didn't bother deleting it. I haven't tried interacting with it though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:22:44 PM »
I also have this problem but I haven't been privileged enough to have my mailbox return - nor can I find it in buydebug like has been suggested previously. Any help?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:14 PM »
I haven't played in university in awhile, but have found something to try. Change lot type to residential or commercial, and back to what you had originally. You should then have a mail box that you can use. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *