Author Topic: No CC = crash?  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
No CC = crash?
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Okay so I have a problem with my game. It turns out there's some corrupt cc. I have some that prevents one of my sims from interacting with one another. Here's what happened one of my sims joined the magician career and now I want him to become a store owner. Now here's where it gets problematic when he quit this career he loses the ability to interact with his fiance. I've tried everything I can including removing the CC that's causing the problem. When I removed the CC the game refuses to boot up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to correct this matter?

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: No CC = crash?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 01:29:52 AM »
I recommend doing a factory reset as described here.

That should clear out EVERYTHING and hopefully get your game working. Once it is working, you can carefully add back your CC that you know works. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:45:36 AM »
Will this erase my save data?

Update: I'm still in the experiment stage of things. I tried going back to an earlier save (very early) and no problems. It seems to be contained to a certain save file or family. I'll update as I find out. Seems that anytime I try to use a Nraas mod, the whole thing just goes kafloopy.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 05:09:16 AM »
You can copy your save data out.

In fact, what I recommend is to rename your The Sims 3 folder to "The Sims 3 -Old" so you don't lose anything. :) Then you can copy the save back.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »
Hi there!

I'm entirely with KhaineGB on this one, though I must implore one thing: mods become a part of the game once you put them into your file.

Any file you save with mods installed in now makes those mods a part of that save. Having corrupt CC is a problem, but if you tear everything out at once you may also cause more problems than you solve. Think of it this way, you put in a third party CC hair, open your save and play it. After a while you want to take it out, but what you don't see is all the infants/toddlers/children/teens/etc that have aged up while you played/gone to the stylist/spawned with that CC hair. When you go to boot your game after removing that hair, the game will have to work harder to find, then realize it's no longer installed, then replace all of the instances that CC hair was. It seems like a simple thing, and hair can be removed with little problems but when you get into the bigger mods/more things being put in/taken out is when you can see the problem escalate. With one hair, you get a few errorlogs and maybe a small bit of lag as it figures it out... with others... it can make the game unplayable.

This information obviously won't help with hindsight, but hopefully it will help you prevent issues from happening in the future.

If you ever find you have corrupt CC, always use a new file to test out which CC it is. Take out 5 pieces of CC/2-3 mods at a time and see if that fixes the issue in a new save game. If nothing changes, then keep taking out a little more (and replacing the ones that aren't the problem) and testing it out in a new save game. Once you've located the issue, delete it and test in a new save game to make sure it was just that one/few pieces before returning to your normal save. If it was a big enough mod/a lot of CC, I would almost recommend taking your older save that had those mods/cc present and cleaning them by saving the family to the Sim Bin, going to a new town on a new save and putting them down on an empty lot. Have them change their clothing/hair and then save them AGAIN fully cleaned to the Sim Bin. Now go to a new town/new save and place them down and continue to play them as per usual. This will help you keep your favorite families alive through any corrupted CC/mod removal.

Hopefully this helps!

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
Umm, I was an idiot. Apparently I missed one tiny little mod. Oopsy...I genuinely thought I got them all. I'm still testing things out. I'm having problems with Nraas and interactions. This may be part of the integration package file.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »
Umm, I was an idiot. Apparently I missed one tiny little mod. Oopsy...I genuinely thought I got them all. I'm still testing things out. I'm having problems with Nraas and interactions. This may be part of the integration package file.

What problems with Nraas are you having? Maybe I can help (I'm kind of an Nraas superfan - the one mod I can't figure out is relativity, so if your question is over that, I may be of little help). When you are describing it, please be specific, as it will help me and everyone else to understand/know what to look for and help us find you a solution. :)

Also, I'm glad you got the original problem sort of solved. Let's see what we can do to fix you up with the mods you want! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
As I mentioned before, I was using Nraas and everything that was needed top run the ITF pedestal mod found on MTS. (Search clothing on MTS, it should be the second or third link from the left). I was also using the MC cheat, at the time,  that's associated with those other three mods (needed for the pedestal mod). I logged into my game, and tried getting my witch sim to interact with his fiancee fairy sim, when I discovered that the interaction menu would not pop up. So I logged out to main menu, and went back to an earlier save file. I had saved right before my witch sim had quit his job as a magician. All interactions were available so I quit the job again and same problem. I repeated this several times and got one of two results: either the witch to fairy interactions vanish or the plant sim to witch interactions vanished. (I had a plant sim daughter my fairy grew). At one point no one could dismiss Bonehilda. I tried reset sim, evicting and un-evicting, transferring to another world, etc. but nothing seemed to work. Finally I gave up and rolled back to a July save file. I transferred as many lots as I could, and removed the modded pedestal and the interaction mod.