Author Topic: The Hemmingway Legacy  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
The Hemmingway Legacy
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
Welcome to my first ever attempt at a Legacy Challenge, and my first ever attempt at writing about my Sims Gameplay. I am doing this to hopefully add a little more fun and more of achallenge to my gameplay. I have always been more of a casual palyer so I might struggle to stick to this challenge ridgidly - hopefully I will. wish me luck and I hope you enjoy watching my Sims Blossom!!

My Rules

Strict Matriarchy: The Founder must be female. Only girls are eligible to be named heir. Male children cannot, under any circumstance, ever be the heir to the next generation.
Strict Traditional : To be eligible to be named heir, a child must be naturally born from their previous-generation parents and be able to trace an unbroken bloodline back to the founder. Adopted children may never be named heir. (I want a true bloodline to flow)
First Born: The oldest, by order of joining the family, eligible living child is named heir. (Although my sims will not always stop at the first female born)

Click below for information about the Family Traits. If You are new to reading my Legacy this probably contains spoilers It is actually posted after chapter 5.
Family Traits / Family Tree

Scroll Down for 1st Chapter but other chapters will be added in Links Below:
A baby is born
Another Bundle of fun
Daddy's Little Girl 'aint a (little) girl no more
A forgotten Birthday
Don't fear the Reaper
Generation 2
Alexandria Takes over
A Steamy Date and a couple of Birthdays
How hard can it be?!
A dark day
The Show must go on

Meet the Founder for my Legacy

This is Lady Veronica Hemmingway .... She is a Good hearted Creative girl who loves the outdoors - She aspires to be good at many things she is a fast learner.  This is how her story begins

The Begining

Veronica Gained her first skill whilst waiting for her house to be built

Time to get out and find a potential boyfriend and father to my unborn children, I headed to the library first - I want a lover that is cultured and well read. I met a few interesting guys but to my disappointment they were all married
I eventually found a guy who wasn't married, Tyson ... what a Jerk, he was so much of a snob and although we really got on well he said the fact that I have to shower at the Gym each night means that he is 'Out of my League
Here he is letting me down gently
I am so frustrated would I ever find a man. Time to head down to the gym and take my frustartions out no the punch bag
After a hard day's work, I decided to have a game of chess at the park. The most humorous charming man approached me and he made me laugh so much. Not only is he funny but he enjoys the arts - music to be more precise. We hit it off right away and we decided to go for a date at the bar ....
We kissed ....
I proposed (no time to lose) ..... We eloped right then and their and now ....
I am eating for two .... The watcher also extended my house somewhat
Things are getting exciting now.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Hemingway Legacy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:06:55 AM »
Good luck! Off to a great start with a pretty founder who gained her first skill while waiting for her house to be built LOL  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:35:17 PM »
Off to a great start! I'll be reading!

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »
A Baby is Born

So things have been coming along quite nicely between Braylen (my husband eeep!) and I. I'm progressing in my Career as an astronaught, although I want my fingers in many pies - I would like to try my hand at other careers too, I want to be good at many things - but whilst money is tight and I have a baby on the way it is best to stick at the job that is earning me money. Braylen is doing well in his comedy career - he's a stand up guy (pun intended) and well liked, to be honest I am struggling to make friends. So I woke late one night and went in to labour but I was determined to have a home birth with no pain relief, go me.

As you can see Braylen is nowhere to be found ... typical
Here she is
We had a Girl, I am overjoyed. We have an heir on our first go! Her name is Alexandria, isn't she beautiful!
I never realised having a child would be so exhausting!

After a few sleepless nights and a whole lot of feeding Alexandria grew in to a child. She is such a whizz kid and has a thirst for knowledge and is very creative, Braylen bought her a new Teddy bear she talks to him all the time (well, when she isn't sat around the Chess Table that is) we had a chat Braylen and I, we decided that whilst he is still young, we should try for another child. especially since Alex has become so involved with her bear.

.....I'm pregnant again -- Roll on Morning sickness

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
Re: The Hemmingway Legacy
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »
Another Bundle of Fun

Meet our newest addition ... Gabrielle, another beautiful baby girl. As you can see Braylen is pulling his weight a bit more this time. He reccently got a promotion and seems to have more time off so I went back to work whilst he did more of the baby care and Alexandria's homework. Speaking of Alex she is so excited to have a little sister to play with.
They don't stay small long
[/sup]
Well it didn't take long for Gabrielle to spring (literally) out of her nappies and in to school. It really shows that she has spent a whole lot of time with her father, she has picked up his Loner trait but at least she wants to do well in school she too is a whizz kid. Alex and Gabbie reall are partners in crime and they both get on so well. I couldn't wish for happier children
(Alex with Pigtails, Gabbie with Glasses) Conspiring at the dining room table
[/sup]

I made a cake and Braylen and I aged up together, he's an elder now I am enjoying every minute with my man.
Where does the time go?

The children are doing well in school Alex is a B student at the minute and Gabbie still has time to improve. Alex ages up tomorrow we are going to throw a party for her.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »
It seems like the images from your first update have been deleted :(

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 06:09:39 PM »
It seems like the images from your first update have been deleted :(
Really?? I can still see them

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
Really?? I can still see them
Hey, I had a look again this morning and I have fixed the problem with my pictures now. so hopefully you can see them. Thank you for letting me know about the problem. I hope that you are enjoying the story so far  ;)

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 06:13:07 AM »
Daddy's Little Girl 'aint a (little) girl no more ...

So the Big day arrived, It was time for Alex to mature and become a teenager, I was glad that Braylen had lived long enough to see this day (he is really getting on a bit now - also I've noticed his waist is expanding), Our little heir was taking another step towards the continuation of the Hemmingway bloodline.
We invited a couple of friends and held a party at the lounge. It was an Ok time, to be honest when two out of four family members prefer their own company to large crowds it is a little difficult to get the party going.

Making a wish
And Here she is, in all her Teen-aged glory. She told me how she had always dreamed of owning the Biggest house I assured her that as long as she is determined, hard working and confident her dreams (and apparently mine) will come true. She replied with "I know mum, I will achieve my dream" She wants to be a Mansion Barron(ess) and as you can see she is very Self assured Braylen says he is greatful that she has my creative streak as both the children resemble him in features. So thats nice.

Later that evening I hit the Gym, Im determined not to gain a huge waistline like Braylen's in my elder years that are fast approaching. Gabbie isn't focussing as much on her studies as she should be doing she is still maintaining a C, I blame myself really I should have spent a little more time on her education. She is pretty annoyed about it and want to achieve more once she is older.
Wishing she could cook for herself
Gabbie took herself off to the park to try and increase her mental skills, and make friends.
Braylen fell asleep in the bath, I worry about my Man ... I rushed in to make sure the Reaper hadn't appeared - to my relief he hadn't, Thank goodness.

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 01:04:20 PM »
A forgotton Birthday

A few days passed, Alex got a job as a landscape gardener, she doesn't mind manual labour since it pays more and she likes to look tough in front of the guys at work. I gained another promotion and so did Braylen. In the midst of all out career success Gabbie aged up and whoops ... we all forgot to bake her a cake or to celebrate the day.
My two girls still conspiring to lock the jocks in the lockers. Gabbie gained the geek trait and she wants to be an Angling ace each to their own I guess.

We now have another floor in our house and a study, things are finally looking up. We are getting richer by the day.

we have even invited friends of Braylens over and hes been reading more too.

I can't help fearing that the end is near for him ...

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 09:38:35 AM »
Don't Fear the Reaper

The start of this particular day Braylen and I shared a Woohoo, he didn't preform to well and he seemed to be bothered by this more than myself. He had the day off so he spent the day, texting friends chatting with the girls and lounging around.
I came home and he told me that he was feeling a little tired so I suggested that he should go and take a little nap. He decided that he wanted to lay down on the floor
Grim showed up, I ran into the bedroom and pleaded with him, I begged Grim for Braylen's life to be spared just one more day, we could really use one more of his pay cheques.

The deed had already been done Grim said his life could not be spared.
I did what Braylen would have wanted me to do
I tricked Grim with the hand buzzer. To my surprise he laughed about it. We then had a chat about world Peace, Grim was in to that he said everybody is peaceful in the Neatherworld so he applauded my opinion on it. We became fast friends, apparently Grim doesn't have time to think about romance though, he said it isn't good for his image. But I guess he's just earning an honest living like the rest of us. I gave death a hug and he went downstairs to chat to the girls about there fathers passing. It's a really sad time, but every cloud has a silver lining - I may have lost my husband but I gained my first (non-family) friend.
Later that evening I went for a jog to clear my head, then decided to upgrade the bath. Same old, same old.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »
Oh my gosh! That is the funniest update. Tricking Grim with the hand buzzer then making Grim your first non-family friend! Priceless  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »
Traits Of the Family.

I am using this section to help me keep track of my sims traits and the family tree. Heir's, Founders, and Heir spouses will be in the centre. Spares will be to the left. Once Sims are deceased they will be moved to the right The way they passed will be documented. When Spares Marry/ move out/ have children this will be noted in brackets

Founder: Lady Veronica Hemming way
Deceased- Old Age (spared from Death once)
 adult aspiration - Renaissiance Sim
Trait 1- Loves outdoors
Trait 2- Creative
Trait 3-Good

Spouse : Braylen Caudil
 Deceased-(old age)
adult Aspiration - Joke Star
Trait 1 - Loner
Trait 2 - Perfectionist
Trait 3 - Music Lover

2nd Generation

Heir: Alexandria Hemmingway
Child aspiration - Whizz Kid
Adult Aspiration - Mansion Barron
Trait 1 - Creative
Trait 2 - Self assured
Trait 3 - Good

Spare: Gabrielle Hemmingway
Child Aspiration - Whizz Kid
Adult Aspiration - Angling Ace
Trait 1 - Loner
Trait 2 - Geek
Trait 3 - Loves the out doors
MOVED OUT
(spouse - Alexander Goth)
(Children - Sawyer & Raphael)

(Heir) Spouse: Darrius Camacho
Adult Aspiration - Party Animal
Trait 1 - Materialistic
Trait 2 - Bookworm
Trait 3 - Perfectionist

Spare: Augustus Hemmingway
Childhood aspiration - Social Butterfly
Adult aspiration - The Curator
Trait 1 - Bookworm
Trait 2 - Neat

Spare: Garfield Hemmingway
Childhood aspiration - Whizz Kid
adult aspiration - Big Happy Family
Trait 1 - Cheerful
Trait 2 - Materialistic

Spare: Herman Hemmingway
Childhood aspiration Artistic prodigy
Adult aspiration - Painter extrodinare
Trait 1 - Self assured
Trait 2 - Childish

Heir - Esmeralda Hemmingway
Childhood Aspiration Artistic Prodigy
Trait 1 - Creative

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »
Alexandria takes over

Basically mum (lady Veronica) just hasn't been herself these Days well since Dad passed on really. We had a Chat and she told me that it was my turn to take over on the day I become a young adult. All I have to do, Is ensure I have a baby Girl to take over after me and keep the Hemmingway Legacy alive Blah, blah, blah I mean how hard can that be ... right?

Time to get into shape, and time to find a man to marry No worries - I got this! Whilst I was Shaping up Gabbie had been doing alot of fishing she found this weird tree, she's been talking to it (coo-cuu) She is also getting pretty friendly with Alexander Goth.

Here is a pic of Gabbie telling mum all about her fishing accomplishments, as you can see mum is thrilled.

Back to me .... I went to the Lounge, I was bound to find an interesting guy there someone with a bit of Flair. I did!! His name is Darrius he is such a Party Animal! He was so excited when I told him where I lived ... It is quite an affluent neighbourhood (he is pretty materialistic so that got his juices flowing)
That's me kissing him in my best 'Air-guitar' stance I am so rock n' roll!.

That's enough kissing now. I took Darrius back to our house and to my surprise even mum approves, She said his perfectionist ways remind her of dad.

Then we went upstairs .... Gabbie walked in on us!!

How exciting is life right now!

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 05:36:57 AM »
A Steamy Date and a Couple of Birthdays.

So me and Darius decided we should hook up and go for a date to the bar. Things got a little interesting to say the least, He is the guy for me and I made sure that he wouldn't want to let me go. I always get what I want.
Then I popped the question ...

He said YES!!

It was Soon to be Gabbie's and Darius' birthdays, we decided to throw a joint party.

Oh yeah, Mum is an elder now too - She insisted that we didn't celebrate the day

Here is my Handsome guy making a wish

And here is Gabbie Blowing out her Candles too

The Day after the Party she went to see Alexander and she proposed ... he said Yes, I believe they have a little nooboo on the way

Turns out ....

I do too (excuse the Mess) Hope that it is a girl.

anything