Author Topic: Desert Delight - large 3 bedroom house  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Desert Delight - large 3 bedroom house
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:28:15 AM »
Item name:  Desert Delight
By (origin ID):  Oz-Twinmum
Hashtags:   carlsguide, Twinmum, large, modern

Lot size 40 x 30
Furnished price § 165,183 **Note: this is the price that my sim would have paid if she bought it furnished, however, in the Gallery it says the value is §182,772
Unfurnished price: § 67,133

Bedrooms: 3
bathroom: 3 + 2x 1/2

This is not for your average, starting out in life Sim. This sprawling 3 bedroom house is aimed at the Sim who has made something of themselves and wants to live in a home that reflects their wealth!

Unobtrusive from the road, you need to step inside to discover all it has to offer.

The windowed back is perfect to look out over the view. The llarge pond could easily be ripped out to make room for a pool.

The lower floorplan includes a double garage that has been converted into a private gym.

The upper floor contains a small private garden so your Sim can enjoy the outdoors without leaving the house!

The simple, but stylish entry hall.

The spacious kitchen is sure to delight even the gourmet chef.

Beyond the kitchen is a large area perfect for just sitting and enjoying the view.

Looking from the kitchen area out the back windows.

The dining room.

Enjoy summer nights eating outside.

The media room features a large screen TV.

There is a bathroom between the dining room and the media room.

The converted garage. It could be renovated further to even house extra bedrooms.

The gym evan has it's own bathroom.

Upstairs there is a large lounge area, great for relaxing, gaming or skill building.

For the entertaining Sim, the lounge area includes a piano and bar area.

A close up of the bar area.

The master bedroom features an ensuite and walk in wardrobe.

The ensuite.

The walk in robe.

Even the second bedroom is spacious.

The third bedroom has plenty of room for a couple of teenagers.

The large upstairs bathroom features a shower/bath combination.

Enjoy a little bit of sun in the private garden.

Please note: Before sharing, all my builds are thouroughly Sim tested to check that all items are usable and everything looks right. If however, you find I have missed something, please let me know so that I can recitfy the problem.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Desert Delight - large 3 bedroom house
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:13:06 AM »
How did you place the stairs like that. The one with the potted plant underneath. I've been wanting that look for a modern house im planning.

I haven't thought of placing dressers underneath the hanging clothes. It looks great!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »
How did you place the stairs like that. The one with the potted plant underneath. I've been wanting that look for a modern house im planning.

I haven't thought of placing dressers underneath the hanging clothes. It looks great!

Thank you. As for the plants under the stairs.. you can place things under the last tile of the stairs as long as it isn't anything too tall.

edit.. if you have higher walls, you can place things under more stair tiles. It doesn't appear to allow placement of anything under the first tile.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
Love the house, but the lot is backwards when I try to place it. Is there a way to fix it?

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:09:34 PM »
Nice house. Love all the windows and open floor plan.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 05:43:11 PM »
Love the house, but the lot is backwards when I try to place it. Is there a way to fix it?

That's intersting, I've placed it on a few different lots and it comes out facing the road. What lot are you putting it on?

**edit**
Just tried it on a corner lot in Willow Creek (it was originally built on the lot across the road from the Landgraab home in Oasis Springs) and yes, it placed it facing backwards. Not sure how we can fix it, because it doesn't appear to be able to rotate it. When you try to rotate it only rotates 90 degrees but doesn't fit that way and will not allow you to rotate a second time  >:(  I think this may be something EA will need to address at some point. I just tweeted one of the building simgurus... we can only hope  :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »
I love the master bedroom with all those mirrors. it looks exactly like built-ins. A really lovely house.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 02:44:15 AM »
That's sad. We can only rotate the whole house and it won't include the landscaping. I hope a patch will come allowing us to rotate the whole lot itself.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 03:17:26 AM »
Yes, hopefully they will do something about it. At least one of the building SimGuru's would like the ability to rotate blocks, so maybe if they get enough negative input about not being able to, they might fix it  :D. I think the main problem is when you place it on a corner, it doesn't know what to do.

@Playalot Thank you, I was happy with that bedroom, although I would love a door like the secret bookshelf door with a mirror instead!

anything