Author Topic: Sims 4 Stuck on Updating  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Mikayla2893

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Stuck on Updating
« on: September 20, 2014, 11:35:59 PM »
Okay I just bought the Sims 4 today at Walmart well I went through the installation process but its been stuck on the updating part its been at 0% for awhile now. I've tried pausing and resuming the update and even cancelling and resumibg , I've shut off my laptop and restarted it I've even uninstalled and reinstalled origin its just not working ugh please help. Thanks in advance

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Stuck on Updating
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:12:40 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Mikayla2893. 

Fully exit out of the game and Origin. - If exiting Origin isn't working, open Task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) search for a file called ts4.exe. Click on it and select end process.

Restart the computer and try again to see if Origin automatically starts downloading any free and/or owned content.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the installation folder for Sims 4.

To do this, go to Origin and click Application Settings, select the Installs and Saves tab and re-select the location to install the game to.

For example: Install Sims 4 to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Game

If that doesn't work, you might try uninstalling/reinstalling Origin.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

You don't loose any Sims 4 files, as they are installed in different folders. If you are concerned about this copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »
Have you tried checking your virus protection? It may be blocking it. You might need to add it as an exception.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »
How long is a while that it's stuck?  5 minutes, 20 minutes, an hour?