Author Topic: New patch changed aspiration goals  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Autumn

• Nooboo
New patch changed aspiration goals
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:25:09 AM »
You have different goals for writer at 1st lvl and no longer need to get writers block.  I am not sure what other changes were made though.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: New patch changed aspiration goals
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
Thank you Autumn.  I went through my old aspiration notes and compared them to the post patch, here are the differences:

Creativity / Bestselling Author
Writer's Block --> Read 1 Books at the Library  (ok being picky here, shouldn't it be 1 book, not plural books.)

Knowledge / Nerd Brain
Finish Reading 15 Books --> Finish Reading 10 Books

Knowledge / Renaissance Sim
Reach Level 2 in 3 Careers --> Reach Level 3 in 1 Career
Reach Level 4 in 2 Careers --> Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers
Reach Level 6 in 3 Careers --> Reach Level 3 in 3 Careers

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
Got a writer, and yes the writer's block has been removed. I have issue with the "read 1 book at library" now :/

Tried using a book from a bookcase, and it didnt work. *sigh*  (sorry for asking for help here  ::) i know its not the right thread)

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »
You have to finish reading the book, which takes three reading sessions. I haven't tested this at the library, but I've had the same problems with getting social aspirations to register friends that my sim has made, so I'm not sure whether it might not be a similar bug you're experiencing.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
I just tested it and it doesn't work.  The read 1 book at library doesn't work.  I read 3 books at the library, made sure I finish reading until the reread option shows up, still didn't complete that part of the aspiration.  Will keep trying.

EDIT:  Let's start a new thread in miscellaneous help board, don't want to clutter up this board for gameplay issues.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 10:14:05 AM »
EDIT:  Let's start a new thread in miscellaneous help board, don't want to clutter up this board for gameplay issues.

Agreed  ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »
Oh great, so they changed it and now it's not just difficult, but rather impossible?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Autumn

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
Re the writing aspiration.  They changed the text to say read one book at the library but you actually complete it via the old beat the writer's block.  I guess they forgot to actually change it.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
I've just had my teenage sim have that aspiration: beat writers block, not the book one. It took a while but he completed it.

I am fully patched too?

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
I've just had my teenage sim have that aspiration: beat writers block, not the book one. It took a while but he completed it.

I am fully patched too?

If it says that you need to beat the writer's block, then i do not think that you are on the newest update.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »
I'll get around to updating the Aspiration list's summaries with these new changes sometime early this week. Thanks for posting the differences!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »
If it says that you need to beat the writer's block, then i do not think that you are on the newest update.

Just to confirm, I exited the game and checked for updates. It was fully patched. I even started a new game with a new sim, made him a writer and had completed the writers block part within one game minute.

anything