Author Topic: Mesa Modern - 4BR/3.5BA  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Mesa Modern - 4BR/3.5BA
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »
Mesa Modern

Origin ID:  Katluvr23
40x30 - Built on Arid Ridge in Oasis Springs
Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 3.5
$223k
#noCC, #carlsguide

This modern home is perfect for a medium to large family who is looking to build their skills and have fun doing it.  The main floor boasts a spacious open floor plan with a sunken living room.   High end appliances, electronics, and plumbing enhance the property's value and your sims' quality of life. 

The master bedroom has a large en suite and an office where your joke star can hone his or her craft.  The other bedroom on the main floor is perfect for a teen and also has a generous en suite.

Upstairs an open loft and bridge overlooks the living room.  Creative skill items and inspirational decor abound.  There are two bedrooms, one of which is currently being used for logic and mental skill items.  Several balconies and a spacious deck overlook the lush and casually landscaped property.

At $223k this property will help your sims fulfill their ambitions of becoming a mansion baron.  Tall walls provide ample space for your budding painter to showcase their work.  The bills on this lovely home are not for the faint of heart - running about $6700 with one frugal sim in the family.

Exterior

Living Room

Dining Room/Kitchen

Master Suite

Teen Suite

Main Floor Overview

Loft Overview

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mesa Modern - 4BR/3.5BA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
The kitchen/living room there is completely inspired.  I love the curving wrap around counter, and the way to looks down over the living area, and the living area becomes the nexus of the whole house with the loft looking down on it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
Thank you for your kind comments, Ciosa!

Dellena and some of our other creative builders have done fabulous builds with sunken rooms and I wanted to have a go at it.  One of my sims has maxed her painting skill so I'm working on filling up the walls with masterpieces.  :)

So far the house plays very well - no issues with pathing or anything - but the bills are a bit excessive.  If you're a purist then it is probably worth having multiple sims with the frugal reward (assuming more sims with the reward means greater reduction in bills).  Fortunately this is a just game for fun and I found a mod at Mod the Sims for making the bills more reasonable and in line with the property value and my sims' income.

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »
My laptop was killed in action just before the Sims 4 came out.  I've been on a trip for work for the last month with no way to play, and so I've been idling time making grabbyhands at other people's creations.  /plays Sims 4 vicariously.  I've been spending my time doing a lot of designs by hand via graph paper and stuff, so hopefully when I get home and have some time off I can build the entire neighborhood I've been planning out.  I don't know how practical it is as an idea - I'm trying to figure out how to build bars and nightclubs and libraries and museums with a Roman theme, and trying to figure out how to bundle some kind of challenge into it.  (From slave to Caesar, or something.) 

I'm planning on, at some point, building a house with emotion masterpieces for every available emotion type - and probably sculptures for the different emotions, too.  Make an Anger room and a Sad room and a Flirty room, etc. 

That's a good question about the Frugal reward - I wonder if there's a static percentage decrease that stacks or if it's a 'one per household' thing.  I actually like the higher bills - I think it diminishes the bloat that comes from having highly successful Sims racking up money and running out of things to spend it on.  It also makes me think of the transition from one generation to the next.  Ok, do I have enough money to get the next generation to high career levels before bills eat it all away?  I would really like to see some sort of system of investment in the next expansion, so we can create wealthy tycoons over a few generations.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
Oh my gosh! I just love this house... you had me by the second picture. That lounge is the tops and the kitchen looks fantastic.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:01:50 AM »
Your house is amazing, I love the lounge and kitchen being open yet still separated.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
I actually tried building a similarly styled modern home for practice. Yours definitely blows mine out of the water. I love the living room/kitchen/dining area!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything