Author Topic: TS4 minimizes to task bar  (Read 7482 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
TS4 minimizes to task bar
« on: October 28, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
Just checking to see if anyone is having this problem.

I have the game installed on three different computers because I wanted to see how they would play on each.

On my old Win7 laptop it's playing fine. It has reduced graphics but it's playing alright.
On the PC that is running Win 8.1 it's playing great.
But on my newer laptop that is more powerful and faster than either the other laptop or PC the game keeps minimizing to the task bar.  It not as if it's crashing because if I click on the icon the game restores.  It's as if I'm clicking the windows key to access my desktop.

The only difference is that I have the game installed with the disc on the laptop that is having this problem. The other computers have the game downloaded from Origin.

Offline oldspook

• Oldspook
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: TS4 minimizes to task bar
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »
When this happens, it is usually not the game. Something else is running in the background and interrupts the game causing it to minimize. Check what else is running.
Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
   --Buddha

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »
When this happens, it is usually not the game. Something else is running in the background and interrupts the game causing it to minimize. Check what else is running.

As far as I know I don't have anything else running. Could it possibly be Origin?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »
Are you maybe brushing the windows key while doing domething else? If it was origin (but I don't think so) it would be due to some setting and would be happening on all computers as it would be a setting in your Origin account.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:20:24 PM »
Are you maybe brushing the windows key while doing domething else? If it was origin (but I don't think so) it would be due to some setting and would be happening on all computers as it would be a setting in your Origin account.

Nope not brushing the windows key. When I'm playing my left hand is seldom near the computer. The last time it happened I was just sitting and looking at the town map.  Neither hand was near the computer.

I asked about Origin because I've heard people say that having Origin running  causes lag in their games. Once they close Origin it stops.