Author Topic: 403 Forbidden Error - Forum Problem  (Read 4482 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
403 Forbidden Error - Forum Problem
« on: November 21, 2014, 07:01:21 AM »
HI, I have been trying to access the sims 4 stories today and I keep getting the following message when I try to click on anything:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php/board,12.0.html on this server.

I can't seem to do anything other than open a new topic and read my personal messages  :( I have tried clearing my web cache and shutting down the pc etc.. If anyone can help me, please pm me as I am not able to click on anything to see replies.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Also, at the moment I am getting the dreaded Forbidden 403 error - denied access to anything on this site. I managed go through my history to be able to click on this reply - but I'm not sure if I will be able to read anyone else's stories or post any more on this one until it gets resolved.. sorry!! I am still able to read Personal Messages - but nothing else.. sorry! :'(

-- The quote above is added by: MrsFlynn

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 403 Forbidden Error - Forum Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
Hi KTK10,

I'm not sure why you're getting this error. But did some searching and did find something that may help.

403 Forbidden - How To Fix a 403 Forbidden Error
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/403error.htm

In that link it does mention to message the forum/website owner. This would be Carl. You can email him at: [email protected] to see if he can help.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »
All should be well now! Unfortunately, your IP used to belong to a spammer, but obviously those change and it was a false positive. I'm working to eliminate false positives, but very sorry for the inconvenience!!

Thank you MrsFlynn for bringing this to my attention.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »
Thank you MrsFlynn and Carl. So happy to be able to access everything again! Such a quick resolution.. no wonder so many people love this forum and site. Thanks again to you both.  ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »
Very happy to help. You definitely made me feel better about causing the issue, although I suppose we can all blame the bots :D