Author Topic: Loading family, loads map again *Fixed!!* (Somewhat)  (Read 31906 times)

Offline Caroline610

• Nooboo
Loading family, loads map again *Fixed!!* (Somewhat)
« on: December 24, 2014, 05:29:46 PM »
Update: May.2018

A version of this issue is still occurring in some players games.

This issue occurs mostly due to outdated mods and cc. Don't save your game if you have this issue. Exit the game, and move your mods folder to the desktop. Clear the game cache as well as deleting the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.

Load the game, and create a new game to see if you can recreate the issue.

If you continue to have problems, try repairing the game or do a factory reset without any mods or cc (How to link below). If none of this works, please see the link posted below for more details and tips on this issue.

Map Reloading Issue
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Map-Reloading/m-p/6158906/thread-id/95485

Possible other solution in the posts below.

Reference Links:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

The localthumbcache.package can be found in the main Sims 4 folder
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Removing the mods folder without deleting the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder, isn't enough of a test, these two steps need to be done together.

Repair Game:
In Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

Original Question below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Loading family, loads map again *Fixed!!* (Somewhat)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »
Edit -- Information Added: Possible Solution -- By: Playalot

I encountered this bug today and it spread to two other of my game files! If you get this bug it is important that you quit your game without saving and close it right down. Do not quit to the main menu as this spreads the bug to other save files. I was able to fix it using the steps on crinrict's post. It took me just under two hours to fix so it's not a quick process but at least it's doable! I finally traced the problem down to one un-played family in a house in Willow Creek, was able to delete them and their house and now all my game files are working how they should. Apparently this bug can come back so it's important to keep a back up copy, that's up to date.

Updated: Jan.09.15
Edited: July.27. 2015

Thank you Playalot!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:48:58 AM »
This has happened to me twice now. I moved the initial (corrupted) file to my desktop and started a brand new game. I have an active household in each town and have successfully saved and exited out but now when I try to reload I get the town selection screen and no family loading. Just before I tried exiting and reloading one of my active sims was supposedly at work"and greyed out even though she was in the house and interacting with the other sims and fully playable except for rewards selection or to "click"and play. Frustrating that I had families before developed to a high degree that I now cannot play and again have lost another game due to the "glitch". Is it because I had more than one household I was playing? One of the households was a "founder"family that I had added another sim (who was not in that town) to. I did alter her traits using the testingcheats code. Will try reloading an older saved game, hope I haven't lost all that progress, makes you hate the game!  :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:52:33 AM »
I encountered this bug today and it spread to two other of my game files! If you get this bug it is important that you quit your game without saving and close it right down. Do not quit to the main menu as this spreads the bug to other save files. I was able to fix it using the steps on crinrict's post. It took me just under two hours to fix so it's not a quick process but at least it's doable! I finally traced the problem down to one un-played family in a house in Willow Creek, was able to delete them and their house and now all my game files are working how they should. Apparently this bug can come back so it's important to keep a back up copy, that's up to date.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
I had this bug today. Exiting the game completely and restarting fixed it for me.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »
@ratchie, so lucky! After fixing it the bug came back after about half an hour of play. I'm going to work through the solutions again and then once it's all working do a complete reinstall. This time the bug made sims invisible and wiped out my UI. Ugh! I had floating thought bubbles/fishing rods and invisible sims wanting to talk to my sim! Then when I tried to travel to a different lot hoping that would clear up all the invisibility I hit an endless loading screen.

*Edited July 30th. typical that there's a fix after spending the last two days struggling with it! Lol. Still, least the fix really has fixed it all.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline kerplunk

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »
After not playing this game for a few months, I finally decided to play it again.  I loaded up a saved game and it took me to a screen that I had never seen before.  All this screen does is try to get me to buy expansion packs.  I tried everything I could to get back to Willow Creek, but nothing worked.  I've also tried the option to recover save file, but that literally did nothing.  I tried to create a new game, but it didn't load any characters or traits.  Every time I load any saved game, I get stuck on this screen.  I've looked at countless forums, but nobody has the same problem as me.  Does anybody know what's going on?  :(

Screenshot (36).jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 12:25:07 AM »
This issue occurs mostly due to outdated mods. Don't save your game if you have this issue. Exit the game, and move your mods folder to the desktop. Clear the game cache as well as deleting the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.

Load the game, and create a new game to see if you can recreate the issue.

If you continue to have problems with this, try repairing the game or do a factory reset without any mods or cc (How to link below). If none of this works, please see the link posted below for more details and tips on this issue.

Map Reloading Issue
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Map-Reloading/m-p/6158906/thread-id/95485

Reference Links:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

The localthumbcache.package can be found in the main Sims 4 folder
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Removing the mods folder without deleting the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder, isn't enough of a test, these two steps need to be done together. 

Repair Game:
In Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything