Author Topic: "Three Is A Crowd?"  (Read 19830 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
"Three Is A Crowd?"
« on: October 30, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
When my sim interacts with family, or once with a shop-keeper, I get a message saying "Three is a crowd for romance." Then it offers to "dial it down a notch to a regular group". I haven't made any groups, at least intentionally. What's going on?

ETA: I'm not seeing a blue something over their heads, as I've seen mentioned.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: "Three Is A Crowd?"
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »
I've seen groups formed automatically without me doing anything.  I can't quite figure it out yet.  I think maybe if they do something together, even like play a video game at home, they form a group.  But the romantic three's a crowd doesn't make sense.  Were you having romatic interactions at the time?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »
No, not at all. My sim was interacting with his toddlers, then a store clerk. This happened on 2 or 3 different occasions.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:12:46 PM »
I was wondering if it was just us, = Hubby and I that were getting this message or not. We seem to get it quite frequently when we're playing. I just click out of it or whatever and go on with my game. I figured it was another glitch that needs to be worked out? *Shrug*

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
Typically, you get that message when you form a group of 3 or more sims and one of the sims starts engaging in romantic interactions with someone.  It doesn't even necessarily have to be with a member of the group.  It makes the other members of the group uncomfortable, and they leave the group.  However, I've never had it happen myself unless I was actually initiating romantic interactions.

I've also noticed that groups will form automatically if you select "Travel to X Lot With..."  Likewise, when you invite someone over, it will form a group and grant them automatic access to the house if you don't greet them right away.  When inviting someone over, you can prevent this by pausing the game as soon as they come on the lot and selecting the "Greet" interaction so it stops them from ringing the doorbell and then inviting them inside yourself.  When traveling with members of your household, the only way to avoid making a group is to make each person travel separately.

Groups kind of act weird, and I'm not totally sure I have them figured out yet.  One thing I've noticed about inviting a sim over is that you should clean up any old papers on the lot before doing so.  If the game forms a group automatically, the mess will cause the invited sim to talk about how boring the outing was and leave before even getting inside the house (giving your sim a negative moodlet in the process).  I've likewise disbanded groups that were formed by traveling immediately upon arriving at the destination, and everyone will say what a great time they had...even though they haven't actually done anything.  To be totally honest, I think the entire group system is bugged, and doesn't work the way it was originally intended to work.  That might explain why it's so confusing lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything