Author Topic: Disappearing Butler  (Read 76714 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Disappearing Butler
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:41 AM »
I don't know when it happened, but my Butler disappeared. I had been wondering whether or not they would age and die like normal sims, and then I noticed that she was gone, no longer in the relationships panel, etc. I had my sim hire a new butler, and then I heard the ghost music. I cannot find the ghost anywhere on the lot, but I figure that it has to be the missing butler, right? Any ideas?

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
Re: Disappearing Butler
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »
I've heard a few people mention a bug where 50 butlers show up at their home!   So, suffice to say, the butlers may have a few bugs to iron out yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »
I am on my third butler, they just seem to vanish.  I like having them and I gave them a nice room, which I don't think it matters anyway, so I would say there is a couple of bugs associated with the butlers.  So far, so good on this one.  They do read alot, but I think because when they get done, that is all they have to do.  They don't watch tv, I noticed. :D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
Has anybody else heard the ghost music at night after a butler disappears? That's the part that is throwing me off the most. It is obvious that she died, but I have no urn or tombstone to remove, and no ghost. Just the music.

I would *like* for them to stay with the family, age and die like normal sims, but I somehow doubt that is currently the case. Definitely looking forward to the patch!

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
I think I know what's causing the butler's to die. I was on the lot when the one my sim hired electrocuted herself trying to repair a broken dryer. She obviously did not have the Handy Trait or a high enough level ...

A moment of silence for Camille please ...

Okay gotta call for another Butler.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »
After she died, what happened to her? Did you get an urn and a ghost, or just the ghost music? Nothing?

I think I saw Valerie repairing the dishwasher. That had to have been it :(

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
Holy Cowplant! My sim just lost another butler to electrocution! Talk being hard on butlers!

Grim shows up and the whole dying animation sequence plays out and the urn disappears like it would on a public lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »
Did the screen flash to the death? Mine didn't. The ghost music has stopped too.

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »
Yes, and my sim rushed to the scene both times.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »
Yeah, I didn't get that. But I also didn't get it when one of my sims went into labor this game session. The disappearing butler was on the previous game session, so it looks like it's a bug with the software, not something temporary. I am having a lot of weird problems with this game, but none so disruptive as to cause me to start over.

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 04:02:13 AM »
My butler that had disappeared turned up again all safe and sound when my sim tried to call friends for a party. He had been walking around town for a few days and changed clothes somewhere along the line. Looking back I am not sure if he had really disappeared from my sims friends list or if I just did not notice him due to the fact that his thumbnail picture had changed with the new outfit. Anyway, he came to the house for the party (the sim calling had the legendary host ltr), then stayed and started doing his job again. The only downside to this was that the party never ended because he was one of the guests ::) . In the end I dismissed him and hired a new butler. I hope I will have more luck with this one.

Andrew

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »
I think the butlers leave because you don't socialize with them. I tested my theory with my legacy family, and it worked. My whole family became good friends with the butler, and he hasn't left yet. The only downside is he doesn't bathe...

Offline IloveLlamas

• Llama Wrangler
  • Llamas spit on me once.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
Yeah I have this glitch on my laptop. But on my desktop he dies grim shows end of story. Wound Why?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »
I just had the opposite happen.  I could not get rid of my butler.  Finally after the third time firing him, I think he left.  After I spoke to him, the refrigerator door opened and then the oven door opened, like someone put something in and it kept opening like they are checking the food and then it happened again and there was no one there.  It didn't happen anymore after that, so I guess whoever or whatever left.  Strange.  He was always fixing food and I had to fire him.  Kind of annoying to have everyone stop what they are doing, hungry or not and go eat, especially when you have seven people in the household.  Oh well, he is gone and now roaming around downtown, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »
Well, I've read that you have to be nice to your butler otherwise he or she will eventually leave. That this is not true can I make up out of the fact that I once made my sim fall in love with his butler and she devided the day in working and woohooing up my sim at night, which she didn't even charged him for and than, just at once, poof, and gone was my butler.
And yes, they still are having a love interest relationship according to his list of people he knows and I can asure you that she was the only one for him but she still needed to vanish?
Woman..., how can I ever understand them in real life while they are already unpredicatble when they're virtual? :(