Author Topic: Disappearing Butler  (Read 76549 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Disappearing Butler
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
Leto, you are so funny and I meant that in a nice way.  I had a sim marry my butler and turned them all into vampires, what a fun family to play.  I guess with this happening to so many people, it might be a glitch, not sure.  I have mine be friends with the family and then leave and had it happen the other way too.  Some butlers have pretty good traits that are maxed out, mine had handy and cooking maxed, imagine that, lol. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »
Maxing cooking and handiness is indeed very nice. But you sound like your butler could have maxed out more or other skills than that, or did I've read your post wrong? If you mean that when they have handy trait as well as natural cook, than that makes it even more better indeed.

Thanks for the compliment though. I am feeling better now. Although I am still busy understanding you (you = woman), guessing if I've read your post right or wrong.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »
It is always nice when you meet an NPC sim and decide to move them in, that they have some skills maxed out.  Just like some of the sims in Barnacle Bay have good jobs and alot of skills already, which I thought was a nice change.  I guess butlers are just fickle people, meaning they are probably picky and they are ready to move on. :)

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 12:59:51 AM »
My butler disappeared shortly after the twins hit the toddler stage. Funny part to that story is that he showed up uninvited to thier birthday party and after the party was over started working again! He went to old habit of flirting with the lady of the house so I had the husband fire him and went back to a maid.

Frey

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »
Well my sim was best friends with her butler and she left anyway. I didn't even notice when she left... the sim bust have been working or around town. She had stayed exactly for one week so first I thought she had taken a day off or something, but she never came back. I think she never charged me for the week's work either... not that I'm complaining.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
The butler never appear
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
My sims called for a butler but no one come to her house. The house only has two sims and one simbot.
Clicking on a empty bed, the option "Set as Butler Jodi's Bed" appeared. But no one sleep here.
My sims can't employ another Butler due to the old one is still employed.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The butler never appear
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 11:53:26 PM »
This has happened to quite a few people. But there is already a thread about this similar topic.
Disappearing Butler Thread

Have you tried calling him/her? or hiring another one?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 12:00:14 AM »
I was having such good luck with my butler and poof, gone.  He is one lucky butler, he still asks for his weekly pay.  The nerve, lol. :)

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
I found that my new butler arrived and then left the house immediately. However, my sim can still chat with him even or ask for advice etc. Except asking him to cook, he continue his journey by walking.
Then I chased him for a long distance. His destination is the Movie Studio. But he was not looking for the celebrities and only stood here. My sim can still have interaction with him. Similarly, except asking him to cook, he didn't have any response to this.
He was dismissed finally. I hope the next butler will do the job properly.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
I had this happen - Logan just vanished - now I have a lady name Joline. I don't mind except the part that was mentioned above - she cooks and cooks and cooks. And everyone RUSHES to the food, unless they're doing something else. I'm going to have fat sims if she keeps this up! Oh well, she has her own uses. If it gets too annoying, I'll fire her and go to a maid...

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »
I was wondering about this had the same thing happen last night

Everything was going great though the unnecessary cooking was annoying.  A few days go by and poof he's gone not a trace but still in the relationship panel but otherwise gone.  Then at night I hear ghost sound effects.  I figured it was one of the family ghosts but couldn't find them and no tombstone or urn was ever found for the Butler, I'l lhave to check the mausoleum.

I had another glitch happen too that may or may not have been connected.  My whole family suddenly started acting like they had no free will.  They would literally stand around doing nothing for hours unless i gave them something to do.  I saved and loaded and they were fine again that was when I noticed that I hadn't seen the butler in a while.

Zetshia

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »
My butler never appeared in the first place. I used the phone to hire him, assigned him a bed and paid him, but he never came. I can't hire another butler because I can't fire the first because my sims never met him.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: The butler never appear
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 02:28:09 PM »
I am merging 'The butler never appear' thread with the 'Disappearing Butler' Thread
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Firestaar1

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »
I'm having the same problem, my butlers will show up serve a few days then disappear, and I can't locate them again, I have to get their relationship down so the butler will quit before I can hire a new one.

I can only hope that they'll fix the butlers in a future patch

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
I hired a butler quite a few Sims weeks back.  My family consisted of two adults, a teenage boy and a female child about ready to age up. We made him his own room with an expensive bed along with a sitting room and his personal TV but he never once showed up.   My family chatted with him on the phone numerous times and they all became good friends, but I have yet to 'see' him.  He even takes his pay every week - definitely not a good employee.   

The children grew up and the boy married and left the family.  The daughter married but decided to live at home with her parents.  After another few Sim weeks, the daughter had a baby and the crazy old butler finally showed up  :o.  Good thing his room was still there.

I have a feeling that the butlers will only serve families with babies and toddlers.  He has been living with the family now for one Sim week.  Very strange  ;D.

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.