Author Topic: Disappearing Butler  (Read 76551 times)

Ripster3859

Another butler glitch
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
My home in sunset valley had a butler. The butler disappearing thing happened again, but this time, it still says that my butler is employed and since you cannot dismiss them over the phone, I don't have a butler and can't hire a new one! Help!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Another butler glitch
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »
Try using the cheat resetSim. If you don't know how to do it, or for anyone else reading who doesn't know, this is how it goes:

Hold Ctrl+Shift+C;
Type in resetSim Firstname Lastname; (If the butler's name is Butler McButler, it would go resetSim Butler McButler
Press Enter.
-Optional-
Find the butler;
Open the console with ctrl+shift+C again;
Type in testingcheatsenabled true ;
Press Enter;
Hold Shift and left-click the butler;
Click "Object.." and then "Delete".

Butler-be-gone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Another butler glitch
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
This doesn't need to be a new topic.  I'm merging it with the existing Disappearing Butler topic.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Ripster3859

Re: Disappearing Butler
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »
what do you mean by optional?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
what do you mean by optional?

She means you can try to take care of the problem either way. 

1)
Hold Ctrl+Shift+C;
Type in resetSim Firstname Lastname; (If the butler's name is Butler McButler, it would go resetSim Butler McButler)
Press Enter.

2) 
Find the butler;
Open the console with ctrl+shift+C again;
Type in testingcheatsenabled true ;
Press Enter;
Hold Shift and left-click the butler;
Click "Object.." and then "Delete".

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

originalsim

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »
My current one didn't show up until 3 days after I'd hired her. Now that she's arrived she's pretty well behaved. I currently only have one YA sim in the house so I don't think they need babies or toddlers.

beanutz

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
My Sim hired butler Hollie and she never showed up. I tried to get her to visit and she said whe was always busy at work. This is silly as she should have been working for my Sims.I wanted to sack her but I cannot as she is never there. I did get them to meet in a park so I thought I might try to get my Sim to befriend her and then kill her?  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Monolito

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 08:10:32 PM »
My butler doesn't show up either. My maid won't clean the house. She just stands in 1 spot for half the day and shouts at my 4-star celebrity mummy. I don't know if she's scared or delighted to see him. What's up with this game? I've got LN as the latest expansion.

originalsim

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 11:55:58 PM »
hehe! My newest butler spent all his spare time going from bar to bar in my house drinking all my booze for a couple weeks, then completely disappeared for like 3 days (presumably on a bender) then came back and slept for a full 24 hours. I think I should get him some help! Is there Sims AA? lol.  :D

PodiumPolisher

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 09:17:24 PM »
On day 1 of being hired, my butler made the bed, then sat in a chair outside for 6+ hours.  When my superstar came home from guitar-ing, he asked for dinner, then the butler just went poof.  I had to build a whole new home design for that guy's bed!  >:(

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
This whole thread just made me laugh. 
Talk about troubles with "the staff".     
When is the worker's point of view ever going to be known?  Maybe they were introverted and their over friendly employers were intrusive. 
Maybe they got sick of repairing things just to have them broken again. 
Or got offended because they slaved for hours over the cooking and people gobbled it down without saying thank-you. 
Not to mention the whole harrassment of being sought after as a potential spouse.   

I think they probably have good reasons for running away!

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
well I had this.... and Im just gonna post what happened...

2 days after the dissappearance the Grim reapper appeared.... my cow plant ate him XD

nice milk tho

Leto85

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »
This whole thread just made me laugh.
Talk about troubles with "the staff".     
When is the worker's point of view ever going to be known?  Maybe they were introverted and their over friendly employers were intrusive.
Maybe they got sick of repairing things just to have them broken again.
Or got offended because they slaved for hours over the cooking and people gobbled it down without saying thank-you.
Not to mention the whole harrassment of being sought after as a potential spouse.   

I think they probably have good reasons for running away!

Haha! Most likey your butler will leave if you won't give him enough attention.

Offline CindyLew

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

Haha! My females always marry their male bulters...they seem to be quite available. rofl

I was advised by a pop-up to start a new thread...but why? It has to do with this topic and it would eventually be moved here. lol. :P

I signed up for this forum just to share this story...It's turning out to be a quite tragic one :(

I hired a butler after firing 1 (they must have traded stories on how i neglected them..haha)

This butler was not doing her job, she was playing in the pool etc when there was so much work to be done, but i let it slide....She eventually quit and i hired her back (mistake #1) A few days later i noticed the laundry piling up and the house was a mess, so i tried to hire a new butler, said i still had 1, so i looked everywhere for her, couldn't find her. So i found her in my friends list and called and invited her over, she came over, hijacked food, slept in a lounge chair on my bedroom balcony and showered in my teenage sons bathroom (not in front of him...Thank Goodness) and eventually left again. While she was at my house i clicked on her numerous times to try to get an interaction to have her clean etc, but to no avail...So i tried the only thing i could think of...MOVE! (mistake #2).

I found a big house to house my brood, but didn't think to check to see if my horse would be ok there, i thought i would move there and a few minutes later move back to my old house.....NOPE! My horse couldn't enter the yard, so it wouldn't complete the move :( .........................so here i have a set of twin toddlers screaming for sleep and i couldn't get into buy mode to buy them a crib,so i thought...OH! I can age them up!!.....Nope! still can't get into buy mode :( The only thing left to do is to put my foal up for adoption ...I did, but so far it is taking forever for them to come pick the foal up...My family is falling apart in the meantime...Oh! and did i mention that i placed a house that i downloaded from the exchange (that's where we moved to) It had no stairs to the second and 3rd floors...Guess what's on the 2nd and 3rd floors...Beds...Yup! I have little simmies passing out all over the place...Sad Sad Sad....I am gonna get back to my little sad saga now and i will let you know how it turns out....Moral of the story is....Kill the butler next time :@

Well sad but true..........I ended up having to delete my family :( I deleted the horse and the dog and i still couldn't move...so i had no choice but to delete the whole game. Otherwise the whole family (6 of them) would be sleeping on couches and lounge chairs and sharing 1 bathroom (shudders). :o

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 11:39:36 PM »
So I was trying to figure out the disappearing butler in my game, and I think I found a solution. When you assign a bed to a butler, you have to reassign it every couple of days - a week maximum, or else they disappear. So far I've kept a butler for four in-game weeks this way. :)
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.