Author Topic: I Love You! What's Your Name Again?  (Read 29397 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I Love You! What's Your Name Again?
« on: April 21, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
I Love You! What's Your Name Again?

Goal
We're bringing back a very old event from July of 2010, Following Romantic Interests to the Letter. That original event was scored with simply how many Romantic Interests you could accumulate. We're kicking it up a notch and requiring any scored Sim to be a Lovebird. Plus if you're willing to put in the time to take your score higher you can make attempts at gold medal dates. Of course we are staying true to the original event and requiring each of your Sim's succeeding love interest's names fall further down the alphabet.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Sim.
  • All Popularity Aspirations are banned.
  • All Love Aspirations are banned.
  • No household additions.
  • Moving is not allowed.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • No life extension methods allowed.
  • Each successive Lovebird for your Sim must fall further down the line alphabetically than the previous one. In a situation where two Sims have different last names, like Bella Goth and Nancy Landgraab, then Bella needs to be your Sim's Lovebird before Nancy. If your Sim has plans to pursue two Sims with the same last name - i.e. Dina and Nina Caliente, then refer to their first name as to who must come first in the romance department.
  • If your Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim ages up to Adult.

Scoring

Lovebirds — Press R (Relationship Panel) at the end of the challenge and then filter your list by Pressing the Romantic tab. Count how many individual Sims are Lovebirds and give yourself 1 point for qualifying Sims. NOTE: Lovers, Sweethearts, and Soulmates also qualify given their relationship strength is higher than simply Lovebirds.

GMD — Gold Medal Dates. This is a multiplier for gold medal dates you achieve with your Lovebirds. Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00 and for every gold medal date you achieve you add 5% (.05) to your score. You may only score one gold medal date for any given Sim.

Total — Just multiply your Lovebird points by your GMD multiplier for your Total.

Here's an example:

Your Sim turns Adult and it's time to stop your file. You click the Relationship tab (R) and then filter with the Romantic button. Mouse over all those in the Romantic panel and count how many Sims are Lovebirds. Let's say, for example, you have 15 Lovebirds.

As your playing your challenge file you need to keep good notes and if you achieved gold medal status on dates, so you look at your notes and see that you were able to get 10 gold medal dates for your 15 Lovebirds.

Lovebirds = 15 Sims = 15 points

GMD = 10. 10 X .05 = .50. Final GMD = 1.00 + .50 = 1.50

Total = 15 X 1.50 = 22.50

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and Blackrosea) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Lovebirds        GMD       Total
ClayMask1106.45709
Ginj473.35157
Nikitachi453.25146
thekatie0409392.95115
sdhoey422.70113
alyssa.cole352.7596
Metropolis Man332.6587
krzyman21322.6083
Brisayshi292.4571
SIMantics101282.4067
december22262.3059
MischaMusic291.9055
fluffyj00252.1052
MarianT232.0046
PSDuckie212.1044
kirbysims212.0543
Shewolf13202.0040
oshizu191.9537
Nelleam181.9034
fivebyfive181.9034
IronicBeauty141.7023
CynKuy121.6019
MissZoef121.6019
Annabec101.5015

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: I Love You! What's Your Name Again?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »
Looks interesting!

Just to clarify, do you go by last name, so that Zenia Alvarez would come before Abigail Benson? (Both Bella and Goth come before Nancy and Landgraab.)

Also, what if your relationship with your first soulmate deteriorates later on?  Are you allowed to do some more romancing to get the level back up, or do you have to break off contact entirely once you've moved on?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »
Looks interesting!

Just to clarify, do you go by last name, so that Zenia Alvarez would come before Abigail Benson? (Both Bella and Goth come before Nancy and Landgraab.)

Right, Zenia Alvarez would need to come before Abigail - you first go off of last names. In the event you would want to romance two Sims with the same last name then you need to refer to their first name as to who to romance first.

Also, what if your relationship with your first soulmate deteriorates later on?  Are you allowed to do some more romancing to get the level back up, or do you have to break off contact entirely once you've moved on?

Your score is determined when your Sim turns Adult - so it all depends on Soulmates at that moment. If you acquire a Soulmate on day 1 and forget about them and the relationship is no longer at that level when your Sim turns Adult, then you could not count them in your score.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
Back when we did romantic interests to the letter, we were allowed to get the no jealousy reward.  With nothing like that here, I expect there will be a lot of drama.  It will definitely be interesting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
Your score is determined when your Sim turns Adult - so it all depends on Soulmates at that moment. If you acquire a Soulmate on day 1 and forget about them and the relationship is no longer at that level when your Sim turns Adult, then you could not count them in your score.

Are we allowed to go back and romance that Soulmate from day 1 to get them back up to soulmate level?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
Would you consider letting us go to manage worlds once, right after the game starts, in order to find out what order all of the townies are in alphabetically?

Offline MSUCalli

• Nooboo
  • Thaaat's my Nubbin!
    • SoSimful
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
Oooo this one sounds fun!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »
Are we allowed to go back and romance that Soulmate from day 1 to get them back up to soulmate level?

Of course. Again, it all depends on who is a Soulmate on the last day, so if someone is a Soulmate on day 1, drops their status and then you get it again at the end, the result is the same.

Would you consider letting us go to manage worlds once, right after the game starts, in order to find out what order all of the townies are in alphabetically?

A list of townies should be readily available online. I think Carl has stuff on his Guide as well.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 02:25:40 PM »
The townies I'm talking about are randomly generated when the game starts, so they can't be available online. 
Edit:  For clarification, when I said townies, the Sims I meant were those classified as not in this world.  The homeless ones.   

Also, when you say we can't do the aspirations, does this mean we can't complete them or can never have them selected?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »
The townies I'm talking about are randomly generated when the game starts, so they can't be available online. 
Edit:  For clarification, when I said townies, the Sims I meant were those classified as not in this world.  The homeless ones.

Well, my feeling is still no Manage Worlds. We're all in the same boat and you just have to assess your situation as it presents itself. 

Also, when you say we can't do the aspirations, does this mean we can't complete them or can never have them selected?

The Popularity and Love Aspirations are banned - meaning you could never even have them selected.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »
Do the dates have to happen after the Sims become soulmates, or can they happen while working towards making a Sim a soulmate?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 08:55:54 PM »
Do the dates have to happen after the Sims become soulmates, or can they happen while working towards making a Sim a soulmate?

Hmmm...well, the scoring component description says that dates happen with your Soulmate. That would be the tougher route obviously and slow things down.  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:40 AM »
ClayMask brought to the team's attention a potential bug involving not being able to get a Sim from Lovebird status to Soulmate despite having maxed relationship bars. So, the team decided the simplest solution was to change the scoring requirement to obtaining Lovebird status and not Soulmate.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
ClayMask brought to the team's attention a potential bug involving not being able to get a Sim from Lovebird status to Soulmate despite having maxed relationship bars. So, the team decided the simplest solution was to change the scoring requirement to obtaining Lovebird status and not Soulmate.

I've noticed the same thing in my game, but I didn't even think about how it would impact this challenge. Good job catching that, ClayMask.

Offline MSUCalli

• Nooboo
  • Thaaat's my Nubbin!
    • SoSimful
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
Yeah I had that problem during the Trait Expectations challenge when I was practicing, and then unable to complete whatever aspiration it is that requires you to be a Soulmate with your spouse.  Glad someone thought to adjust for that :)

anything