Author Topic: La Gallerie d'Art (and its massive bug)  (Read 7792 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
La Gallerie d'Art (and its massive bug)
« on: November 29, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »
What an interesting place. I think I'm going to have to make an evil type of klepto/tomb raider Sim who uses this place to fill his collections. There's all kinds of things to steal. I noticed something I can't figure out how to use on a recent visit.

On the second floor of the gallery there's an object in the room by the Camel where you can click to donate. I click, but nothing happens. Is this just some opportunity to donate similar to good/evil being able to donate to charity and get a good feeling or can Sims donate their finds to the museum. I suspect this is bugged because if I don't have anything to donate it should be telling me.

EDIT: DO NOT CLICK THIS OBJECT AT THIS TIME!!
After I clicked it, I thought something was just up with a process in the background causing my game to slow to a crawl. I can't describe just how bad this crawl was. It caused my CPU to run at 50% load even when I paused the game and returned to windows. Simple cause and effect. There is something grievously wrong with this object and something must be missing and stuck in a constant load after you click it, so ignore this donate thing and consider this post a warning. You'll literally have to leave France and return to reset the error and it took my Sim 2 solid minutes to make the phone call to travel home. This was tested 3x and happened every time I tried it.

bshag

Re: La Gallerie d'Art (and its massive bug)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
Whoa!  Sorry about the bug!  I just finished the opportunity in the museum and saw the donation thingy and my sim was so poor from traveling I didn't donate.  Glad I didn't now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Iseran

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »
I saw that before I read your post.  I made a donation of an uncut Amethyst and had no problem.  My donated amethyst is now on the museum display with the other objects.

I don't recall getting a special moodlet or anything from donating.  But so much of WA involves taking archaeological artifacts, behavior that is standard for games but would be reprehensible in the real world.  So I was glad to see that (at least aboveground) at the Museum, you are asked to donate instead.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »
I just did a test and made a donation to La Gallerie d'Art on the 2nd floor and had no problem. I'm running the game on a new iMac, so that may be an issue, Carl — your computer speed. Don't know. I'm not a techie by any means.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »
...or can Sims donate their finds to the museum.

Yeah, that's what's supposed to happen. You get a list of items in your inventory similar to what happens when you click a plant and choose Fertilize with... Rocks and relics, maybe other things, I don't remember.
When you pick something that item appears on display. I don't think there's any particular benefit from doing it, it's more like a gimmick probably. If you regret the donation you can just take it back.

I have clicked several of those donation things on the second floor of the museum without any problems but I may not have hit the same one you did.

I've also seen them in Egypt outside a tomb.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
Well, if it's not giving a moodlet, I'd rather put the stuff in my home museum anyway. I won't be donating anything until I see that fixed in a bug post because I'm confident it'd happen again. But yeah, my old dual core barely cuts the mustard now, time to get windows 7 and a new homebuilt rig.

anything