Author Topic: [BUG] Origin Update for TS3 Games **Fixed!!**  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
[BUG] Origin Update for TS3 Games **Fixed!!**
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
When I open my origin and it updated my TS3 games into Digital copies which it broke the games :( if it prompts you say no until they fix the problem, plus it also uninstall three packs  as well, that they want me to buy again.

** If Origin prompts you to repair game - Select No!! **

If you have Sims 3 installed and get: “Your games need your help” error message.

Do NOT repair it. It's a known bug in the Origin client. If you do repair game, it will uninstall the games and you will need to do a complete reinstall of the whole game.*Please see Info* below for more details.

If you see duplicate expansions they can be safely ignored. It is a bug in Origin where it shows both the standard edition and Limited edition.

How To: Report Origin Problems (Where & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21898.msg418883.html#msg418883

[INFO] Having trouble with The Sims 3 after a repair?
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/INFO-Having-trouble-with-The-Sims-3-after-a-repair/m-p/4693971#M197077

*Edit: July.25th - There was a patch for Origin this morning that should have fixed this problem.
++ This bug is still around, try the tips in the answers.ea.com [INFO] thread above.

Edited By: MrsFlynn - Sept.01.2015

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin update for TS3 games
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 01:27:50 PM »
Hi Nancy,

I would recommend you contacting EA Customer service before re-purchasing any of your Sims 3 games. As you might actually -not- have to. Specially if Origin is the one messing up.

How to Use EA Help
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21898.msg401708.html#msg401708

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »
i still have the games and codes for the ones that they say i need to rebuy them, I found out from a friend that I need to quit origin to get TS3 launcher to work

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:37:55 PM »
I had a feeling you might still have the codes needed for the games they say need purchased. I was thinking you could contact EA's Customer service to see if they might be able fix the problem. To where they all show up as purchased.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »
Ok i can try that thanks for the help,

I still need to restall them as well :( i have the Katy Perry's showtime pack instead of the other one.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 01:54:34 PM »
Hubby mentioned that this might help for Sims 3 as well as it does for Sims 4.

You can download and backup the digital version. So you don't have to download the game each time you need to reinstall it. -- HowTo link below.

** You will need to have Game Installers checked in the Origin client first before you start downloading the game.

--- Origin > Application Settings - Click the Advanced tab, and checkmark Keep game installers after game has been installed.

Topic: How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 4 From Origin Downloader
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21193.0.html

Here's the Sims 3 version of the Howto notes just in case you want to take a look at them.

How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 3 From Origin Downloader
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12079.0.html

And when you contact EA's CS. Let them know you have the Limited Edition Showtime instead of the standard. We've got the Katy Perry (Limited Edition) as well. :)

MrsFlynn

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
Wow, that's really good stuff. I didn't notice it in the sticky on Sims 4 Technical. I was using another download service for Sims back in the day that let me easily backup the downloads, because they came in zip format and you really only needed the CD key. If I had realized this worked with Origin, I might not have removed Sims 3 and been forced to redownload it if I need it. This will be very, very useful by the time the Sims 4 has like 10 EPs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 03:44:53 PM »
I have two icons in origin, university and seasons are limited editions so I don't have to worry about the other one

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »
Don't worry about the duplicates, It shouldn't be a problem. Just maybe an annoyance.

MrsFlynn

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
Re: [BUG] Origin Update for TS3 Games
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
There was another update that fixed the update from yesterday

anything