Author Topic: Windows 10 disaster!! - Can't find Sims 3 *Fixed!*  (Read 11757 times)

Offline clickerjac

• Nooboo
Windows 10 disaster!! - Can't find Sims 3 *Fixed!*
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:30:49 PM »
I have been running Sims 3 on Windows 8 for some while and a few days ago we upgraded to windows 10. When I loaded Sims 3, running from the Island Paradise disc as usual, I was dismayed to find that ALL my saved games and downloaded content are not there! When I checked in the OS/program files I found that all the saves & downloads were missing. Fortunately I had backed everything up so I copied all the old files into the Electronic Arts/Sims3 folder in the program files, I've had a similar problem before & this solved it but not this time. I have restarted the computer & the game but to no avail. All the saved games & downloaded content are there but the computer is not finding them.

I have Sims 3 + Ambitions; Supernatural; Pets; Seasons; Mastersuite Stuff; 70's 80's & 90's Stuff & Island Paradise. It was all up to date with no recent upgrades/patches.

Is it just a Windows 10 problem? Has anyone else encountered this?

Bitter irony is that I'd reverted to Sims 3 because last time I played Sims 4 the compulsory update wiped all my saved games!! (Before we'd changed to Windows 10) :'(

Offline RandyH

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Windows 10 disaster!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »
The game saves folder and such has to go into your sims 3 folder in Documents. Not the Games or Program Files (x86) folder.

Game save files should be in:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

------
Sims 3 install path by default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
-- This is where you'll find your installed games

Sims 3 save game files path:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
-- This is where you'll find your game-save files

If it's not there, the game won't find it. Are you logging into windows 10 with the same user account that you logged in to windows 8 with? Check under c:\users\ and see if you can find your user folder that you used to use. You can move it all over to the new user account documents folder if you are working under a new user name. Windows setup should not have deleted it unless you specified to not keep anything from your old windows install when you set it up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline clickerjac

• Nooboo
Re: Windows 10 disaster!!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »
It worked!! Thank you!! Everything is right in the world (well the world of my Sims!) I shall be kept out of mischief now!!  ;D

Offline Dragonfruit

• Llama Wrangler
    • My Simblr - Dragonfruit Sims
Re: Windows 10 disaster!! - Can't find Sims 3 *Fixed!*
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:19 PM »
Glad you got it fixed! I finally upgraded to 10 and I'm pretty happy so far. So far no issues or need to use compatibility mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything