Author Topic: Quick Gardening Question  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
Quick Gardening Question
« on: December 09, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »
I like to garden and I have a pretty huge one going on at the moment, but its taking SO much time to cultivate and such can I plant seeds on community lots which I heard I can but I cant find any info or a thread on how/where. any help?

Thanks.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Quick Gardening Question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
I don't believe you can, unless maybe you use buydebug to plant them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »
To be able to plant in a community garden, you must first designate it as a residential lot then move your Sim onto the lot.  Plant the items.  Move your Sim back off the lot, change the lot type again to community.  That is the only way I know how to plant seeds that are not on your home lot.  
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »
You said it takes ages to cultivate? How often do you clear out your garden, I find it a bad idea to just plant loads. I normally keep a few plants, keep a few seeds/fruits back and re-plant when the parent plant dies.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:41:24 PM »
You said it takes ages to cultivate? How often do you clear out your garden, I find it a bad idea to just plant loads. I normally keep a few plants, keep a few seeds/fruits back and re-plant when the parent plant dies.

@Lazycrockett - I do almost the same as above, just make sure you keep the better quality seed/plant to use when you re-plant.  In other words, plant a tomato, harvest one 'nice' and one 'normal'.  Plant the 'nice' tomato and dispose of the plant you just havested.  Sell your 'normall' tomato.  Keep doing this and upgrade each time you harvest.
In no time at all you should have a garden of 'perfect' plants.

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:05:35 PM »
This discussion isn't relative to Late Night, so I'm moving it to the Miscellaneous Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
My Sims are into gardening too so I have some info to share. It can be a true waste of time to plant loads of nice and normal vegetables/fruits/trees. Start with two or three of a kind if you like and I strongly suggest to divide your time learning the fishing skill in order for you to get the good fertilizers .  Fertilization of your crops will result in higher quality produce which when planted results in a better quality garden. The plants do not improve all at the same pace, so keep an eye out for those higher quality produce and you have to plant them in a separate plot, and so on and so forth until you harvest a perfect fruit. By the way, if you are into gardening/farming I suggest you buy your Sims a recycling waste basket (I think they call it), it gives the Sims a positive moodlet after throwing the dead plants and garbage in it. I also suggest you increase the Sims skill in handiness so you can upgrade the sprinkle to automatic to lessen the effort at gardening. Good luck! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »
I also have the tendacy to have large gardens that I do not need. ;D I usually just move in a slave sim to help me. 4 hands are better than 2. The sprinklers lagged me cause I had so many for my big garden. The best thing to do is what the others said. Keep it simple and use the " Out with the old and in with the new" logic.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
I don't see your point in moving the plants to another lot, but I did waste a lot of time in gardening, before. Automatic Sprinklers are awsome, but they *kiiiindaaaa* shorted my Simbot slave once every 4 days. I used the simbot just for the gardening, and for some reason it always wanted to be with the plants, even when the sprinklers turned on. It took too much work to care for that useless walking scrap, so I deleted him.

Now I just use the Harvest interaction when possible, and fertilize the plants when it's time. I don't use Weed and Tend Garden, because then the Sim wastes a lot of time with all the annoying weeds. I don't think they do anything, really, except for making the plants look ugly.

Also, half my garden is composed of Money Trees, so sometimes I just don't collect them at all.